Procurement Sourcing Manager - Technology
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
Procurement Sourcing Manager - Technology
JCPenney Procurement is seeking a Procurement Sourcing Manager - Technology to assist the Sourcing Sr. Manager in the strategic sourcing of software and / or information and digital technology services to support our thriving OmniChannel team. A nearly billion business, OmniChannel is a primary driver of JCPenney's growth strategy. In this role, you will work closely with the OmniChannel team to develop and execute sourcing strategies and negotiate contracts to help drive their key initiatives including Digital Platform, Mobile, User Experience (UX), Fulfillment, and Customer Care. You will work within Procurement to champion improved processes with lower expense and decreased risk to the business.
- Manage a team to support software and services sourcing activities in support of JCPenney IT and e-commerce initiatives
- Lead, develop and execute sourcing strategies for software and / or information and digital technology services needs
- Execute a disciplined strategic sourcing process with a focus on continuous improvement in total cost, innovation, quality and service
- Interface successfully with the company's various business units and departments to ensure collaborative, timely and effective approaches to sourcing events and project implementations
- Negotiate preferable costs and contract terms on behalf of internal stakeholders in the best interest of JCPenney with suppliers
- Identify cost reduction initiatives through data analysis and strategic collaboration with business and finance stakeholders
- Implement supplier management techniques to drive increased value and foster innovation
- Assess current and future market trends, and prepares price forecasts for the business
- Develop supplier risk mitigation strategies
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Develop total cost of ownership (TCO) financial models, derive outcomes, and present results in executive summaries
- Present project outcomes to internal decision makers to facilitate positive outcomes related to procurement activities
- Driving results on projects, implementing change and reporting progress to leadership
- Ability to be both proactive in thought while being reactive in response to unforeseen situationsCore Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor's degree with 5-7 years relating purchasing/buying/ sourcing industry experience
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and maintain attention to detail to ensure successful project execution
- Be able to perform in a demanding environment while juggling multiple competing priorities
- Strong contract negotiation skills, the ability to gather and analyze data, assess risks / gaps and make recommendations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office365. Understanding of Oracle ERP applications a plus
- CPM/ CPSM certified is a plusWhat you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.