Producer, Brand Operations
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable, and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental, or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories, and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About The JobWe are looking for a creative, extremely proactive, and organized Producer to be a part of the end-to-end execution of Rent the Runway’s multi-faceted Brand Operations team -- with an emphasis on the production of photo/video assets for use across our various channels (e-commerce platform, mobile app/desktop experiences, print, commercial/broadcast, retail, paid social, organic social, internal initiatives, etc). This is a highly cross-functional role that includes collaboration with internal teams and external partners, as well as driving progress and timely delivery of assets for both.
Ideal candidates are highly passionate about photography, video, and the creativity involved in putting together the puzzle that is a successful production for the channels outlined above. You have strong relationships with a network of photographers, videographers, and talent agents that you are ready to call on. You have an eye for good creative and a pulse on trends within the fashion/e-commerce industry.
In this role, your ability to help motivate, oversee and execute productions within tight timelines is a must. This position requires a confident personality and someone who is able to adapt and promote a happy work environment. You are energetic, organized, and exceedingly calm under pressure.
You must have experience with & confidence in overseeing complicated productions within tight budget constraints and constantly changing overall production and shoot schedules . Finally, you are interested in contributing to the improved overall effectiveness of Production at Rent The Runway, and working with cross-functional partners to underscore best practices and iterate over time to improve the start to finish process.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with a team of full-time producers and freelance crew (photographers, videographers, video editors, and production partners)
- Manage communication, timelines, budgets, check-ins/meetings associated with photo/video productions
- Contribute to the creative process by assessing the feasibility of proposed creative, recommending approaches, and having ownership over the quality of the final product
- Stay current on technical information to help find the best and most efficient ways to manage a production
- Collaborate across the Creative, Marketing, and Styling teams to ensure seamless end-to-end execution of e-commerce product launches and creative marketing campaigns, from kick-off to post-mortem
- Oversee timeline, shot list integrity, studio, crew, and talent needs allowing art director and other creators to focus on execution of content including the day of shoot, ensuring all necessary elements are going according to plan
- Support manager and team with editorial production budget; financial tracking by invoicing, reconciling expenses, tracking and communicating budget spends, while always proactively seeking cost savings
- Oversee casting for all photo shoots across the Rent the Runway brand
- Source talent (traditional and RTR customers), manage bookings, negotiate usage and costs across photographers, stylists, video editors, hair and make-up artists, and studios within tight budget constraints and constantly changing overall production and shoot schedules
- Maintain a positive work environment with high creative standards
- Encourage and innovate new ideas to provide the highest possible quality creative output for the brand
- Assist with ad hoc special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4-5 years of relevant work experience (start-up and/or agency/environment/production house etc. a plus)
- Ability to work well independently but know when to escalate
- Enjoys mentoring junior team members
- Ability to shift gears comfortably, be flexible with work schedule and be at ease managing various deliverable deadlines
- Exceptional organizational, time-management, and planning skills
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills a must, with strong attention to detail and a knack for follow-through
- Proven experience building long-term, productive relationships across Creative, Marketing, and Fashion teams
- Ability to set expectations and effectively communicate with leadership and internal stakeholders
- Photo and video production background, deep familiarity with content production across digital/social media platforms
- Must be proactive with strong initiative, able to anticipate needs and adapt to situations as they arise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven experience building long-term, productive relationships with peers and candidates
- An established network of creative services (photographers, videographers/editors, makeup artists, stylists, etc).
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Excel
- Must be a team player with strong analytical, negotiation, and communication skills
- A creative aptitude & appreciation with a strong grasp of the Rent the Runway brand
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with task/timeline management tools (Airtable, JIRA a plus).
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the well-being of our employees and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA, and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company-wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.