Product Designer - Bags And Accessories
Frasers Group started as a small store in Maidenhead in 1982 and from there, grew to become a global powerhouse. We are now a collection of the world's most iconic brands.
We're reimagining retail and believe the higher the risk, the greater the reward. We've never been afraid to push forward and change the way the industry operates, diversifying our portfolio and elevating stores. We're not sitting back - there's no room for hesitation.
The Commercial Division.
As part of our Commercial Division you will be integral to the success of the business, a key part of ensuring that our customers have the best product to meet their needs, at the most valuable price, at the right time. Every team within the Commercial Division has a critical part to play in this, from designing the best products to ensuring that our stores have the right amount of stock to meet consumer need.
The Commercial Design Team.
The Commercial Design Team ensure all products across groups are designed and enhanced with a commercial focus - to meet the current and emerging needs of customers. The team's main focus is evolving the Group's continuity products and creating new products
A Frasers Group Product Designer reacts to sales information and enhances continuity products while developing new products to meet the needs of customers and drive the best commercial outcomes for Frasers. Working on brands such as Karrimor and Slazenger to create a diverse range of products from Karrimor outdoor rucksacks, winter hats to Linear luggage.
They research trends in the market, through all types of media, observation and through the development of brands. On the back of the research (or on the back of briefing from the Commercial Management Team) they adapt existing products, revise the product mix or design new products, balancing following trends with a product's commercial performance.
They report into the Head of Design and also produce accurate specification artwork and tech packs for submission to the factories. They brief suppliers to deliver the best products at the best price for Frasers, manage sampling meetings and present their range to the Commercial Managers.
- Research, analyse and develop current products commercially but innovatively
- Create, develop and design new ranges for the relevant brand
- Create and maintain brand consistency with brand and customer profiles across all product groups
- Deliver innovative product designs that are; functional, commercial and relevant to the brand
- Liaising and supporting senior designers, factories and suppliers to ensure relevant research, range plans, tech packs and development are clearly communicated
An opportunity like this at Frasers is for the fearless. The potential is massive, the experience unrivalled. To be able to make the most of it you need to live and breathe our principles:
- Think without limitsand take the team with you
- Own itand back it
- Not hesitateand act with purpose
- Be commercialand customer-focused.
ProfileSkills & Expertise.
- Creative approach to designing concepts and understanding the handwriting style that effectively communicates the USP of the product to the end user, whilst adhering to the brand guidelines.
- Have a good knowledge of industry standard software such as Adobe Illustrator
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- An understanding of fabrics and embellishments
- Proactively plans and organises their workloads with the understanding that organisation plays an important part when managing conflicting priorities and meeting tight deadlines.
- Works well in collaborative scenarios to achieve shared goals and deliver business objectives as well as working independently.
Knowledge/Experience & Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a design discipline. Experience in bags or accessories is preferable but not desired
- Excellent knowledge in full Adobe Suite (illustrator and Photoshop are a must).
- Ability to generate ideas and concepts
- Confidence in identifying problems and making improvement suggestions
- Project Management experience - proven track record of delivering complex projects.
- Track record of using knowledge and experience to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Track record of managing & delivering to time and cost
- Experience in managing large volumes of SKUs