Product Designer/Apparel Designer/Fashion Designer
Luly Yang Design Group Product Designer/Apparel Designer/Fashion Designer
Coutura LLC is a dynamic apparel design and manufacturing company that seeks to elevate the human experience through innovative design. Our mission flows through a portfolio of highly sought after operations including the Luly Yang Design Group, which designs and manufactures custom uniforms for corporate clients; Luly Yang Couture, an award-winning fashion house that specializes in couture luxury ready to wear. With headquarters in the heart of Kirkland, WA—a city well regarded for its waterfront lifestyle and innovative spirit—the entrepreneurial culture of our company has led to rapid growth over the past several years.
Luly Yang Design Group is looking for a fashion designer to join our design team in carrying out the vision for our Uniform and Ready to Wear collections. As the Ready To Wear Apparel Designer, you will have the opportunity to build a global collection based on client insights, functionality, and Luly Yang’s aesthetic. We are looking for individuals that have a passion for details and a mindset for innovation. You're a skilled creator who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Demonstrate the understanding of LYDG’s core design language and implement the creative director’s design vision across several product lines
· Drive innovative and client-focused concept designs under the direction of our Design Leadership
· Create brand-right concept boards for color, fit, silhouette, detail, materials, technical drawings, and cost; ensuring results are met in a timely manner
· Create client presentations
· Demonstrate global marketplace insights, understand key competitors and market directions
· Conduct fittings and manage oversea vendor communication
· Be an excellent team player
· Collaborate, and encourage, teams, to pursue groundbreaking ideas that are innovative and original in the market, and within the creative / brand strategy
· Partner cross-functionally with product development, product management, technical development, and marketing
· Encourage those around you
· Open to learning and receiving feedback
· Push for new ways of thinking and explore the unknown using fresh and unique approaches to design problems
· Create Collection Technical packages in Gerber PLM
· Bachelor's degree in Fashion design, or related field
· 5+ years of experience designing Ready to Wear collections
· Experience with tools of fashion design and sketching in 2D
· 3D design program knowledge is a plus
· Technical background and proficiency in Adobe CC: Photoshop, & Illustrator, Procreate, CLO 3D, and PLM programs
· Understanding of garment construction
· Understanding scaled garment production
Please submit a visual portfolio of your collections as an entry-level requirement.
Salary Range: 65 - 75K + bonus, PTO, Holiday, health/vision/dental insurance.