You're an original. So are we.
We're a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we've used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi's®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
We are looking for aProduct Developerwho will bring clarity, management and organization to our team. It is important to us that this person has the energy and desire to manage the execution of all activities that are deemed necessary to produce manufacturing ready products.
About the Job
- Manage the execution of all Product Development, Costing and Sourcing activities, from Development/Proto samples to final manufacturing ready package in-line with Innovation Goals, Supply Chain Strategies, Cost, Quality and Terms of Engagement requirements.
- Manage execution of all GTM Calendar PD activities and drive accountabilities across all phases of development to ensure dates are met
- Lead seasonal Costing activities; gather & negotiate all prices and align to FOB target
- Manage Finish approvals from Development to Pre-Production to Bulk Shade Bands
- Support execution of Sourcing Strategies
- Partner with Supply Planning and Field Teams to ensure all Pre-Production activities are on track to meet the scheduled first cut dates at all production locations
- Support the resolution of Quality issues
- Bachelor's Degree in Textile / Apparel Industry Field preferred, however a combination of college education and related work experience may be used as a substitute
- Minimum of 5 years of Apparel Production and/or Product Development experience
- Knowledge of garment construction and a variety of fabrications with preferred
- Dynamic analytical, problem solving and project management abilities with proven systems knowledge and expertise
- Expert knowledge and proficiency with MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Very strong Excel skills - able to pull together reports from multiple sources of data and then make decisions based on the results of those reports. (At minimum, should be able to work proficiency with pivot, v-lookups, create formulas, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to learn new computer programs quickly
- Flexibility with regards to job responsibilities
- Extremely strong customer service orientation and the ability to multi-task; with the desire to work in a very fast paced environment and an ability to not become frustrated with last minute changes
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills; especially when it comes to working directly with senior level directors
- Impeccable communication skills across all channels with an ability to get the message across over IM, email, phone, text.
- Excellent discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 60% off regular-price merchandise
- Paid Family Leave
Currently, LS&CO requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment, except in those jurisdictions where prohibited by law. Medical or religious accommodations, or other exemptions that may be required by applicable law, will be approved when properly supported. Further information is provided during the recruitment process.
San Francisco, CA, USA
FULL TIME/PART TIME