Product Developer - Knit Tops
You're an original. So are we.
We're a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we've used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi's®, Dockers®, Denizen®, Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™ and Beyond Yoga.
About the Job
- Manage the execution of all product development, costing and sourcing activities, from proto samples to final manufacturing ready package in-line with supply chain strategies, cost, quality, and TOE requirements.
- Manage execution of all Go to Market Calendar development activities and drive accountabilities across all phases of development to ensure dates are met
- Manage execution of Protos / Samples/Pre-Production activities and monitor timely receipt to meet all deadlines
- Support execution of sourcing strategies
- Lead seasonal costing activities; gather all prices and align to FOB target
- Partner with Supply Planning to ensure all Pre-Production activities are on track to meet the scheduled first cut dates at all production locations
- Support the resolution of quality issues
- Conduct shade band and preproduction approvals
- Bachelor's Degree in textile industry preferred, or combination of college education and related work experience
- Degree in textile industry or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years or apparel production and/or product development experience (wovens, sweaters, knits)
- Knowledge of garment construction and a variety of fabrications
- Knowledge of PLM systems and EXCEL
- Dynamic analytical, problem solving and project management abilities with proven systems knowledge and expertise
- Flexibility with regards to job responsibilities
- Extremely strong customer service orientation and the ability to multi-task; with the desire to work in a very fast paced environment and an ability to not become frustrated with last minute changes
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills; especially when it comes to working directly with senior level directors
- Excellent discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability to learn new computer programs quickly
- Must demonstrate an energetic, positive, helpful demeanor and a passion and interest in LS & Co.
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 60% off regular-price merchandise
- Paid Family Leave
Currently, LS&CO requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment, except in those jurisdictions where prohibited by law. Medical or religious accommodations, or other exemptions that may be required by applicable law, will be approved when properly supported. Further information is provided during the recruitment pro
San Francisco, CA, USA
FULL TIME/PART TIME