Product Developer - Legwear
Founded in 1998 United Legwear & Apparel Co. (ULAC) is a global designer, manufacturer and distributor of socks, legwear, sportswear, bodywear, and accessories. As one of the leading resources in the industry, ULAC offers a full range of apparel, from newborn/toddler sizes through teens and adults, thanks to our partnership with Puma and licensing agreements with renowned brands such as Hurley, Skechers, Champion, Van Heusen, Weatherproof, just to name a few.
OUR TEAMUnited Legwear & Apparel Co. has assembled a team of experienced professionals with like priorities all working together to make the company the very best in the business. Whether in sales, finance, planning, licensing, or shipping, the goal is always customer satisfaction and superior product.
INNOVATION, DESIGN AND MERCHANDISINGOur design and merchandising teams have expertise in identifying emerging trends, fashions, and consumer desires. We also understand the essence of a brand and translate each brand’s DNA while creating apparel and accessories with the most advanced fabrics and yarns and designing items for sport/performance needs and lifestyle. It is the company goal to deliver the best quality goods and the most innovative products within a category.
About UsThe company as a whole works at a very fast pace. We thrive in an environment filled with tight deadlines, collaboration and camaraderie. The entire company is very tight knit. While we value sharp minds and professionalism, we like to surround ourselves with people who have a quirky sense of humor, and who understand what it means to be confident yet humble. We know how to get things done and have fun at the same time, and are looking for someone who can do the same.
Product Developer - LegwearThe Product Developer will serve a critical role in the management of seasonal sock assortments, key styles and special make-up programs, delivering on specific consumer needs. This position will communicate with design, merchandising and production teams to assist and coordinate with in-season product, new projects, manage timelines, and product approvals. The Product Developer reviews designs proto samples, test new concepts/applications, determines the best way to distribute samples, and oversee product deployment. The main goal of the Product Developer is to maintain a high-quality standard product while maintaining delivery dates set forth by sales & production teams.
Essential Functions (Including but not limited to):
- Review Worksheets for accurate details and callouts to ensure efficient development of new styles.
- Communicate with factories to ensure development schedules are adhered.
- Responsible for approvals on product details and pre-production samples.
- Plans and coordinates development activities to ensure timely completion (submittals, sampling, etc).
- Develops best practices to optimize product development procedures.
- Manages and reviews Lab dips and Yarn selections from factory for accurate development of new styles.
- Review Sock Samples for Spec measurements, color, and features. Provide development comments to the factory to get corrected samples.
- Maintains consistency and accuracy of information flow between design, development and overseas vendors.
- Collaborates with Production Team to review Approved Development samples match Pre-production samples and final production.
- Perform any other duties as assigned in support of the company needs and operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion or related area and 2-3 years of experience in Design or product development, including but not limited to experience with legwear or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of fashion trends and general trends in color, fabric and style.
- High creativity and artistic abilities, an eye for color, texture and pattern with keen attention to detail and
- ability to visualize in three dimensions.
- Proficient computer skills to include Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator & Photoshop), Microsoft Office,
- Excellent written and verbal skills as required for effective interpersonal communication.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks and workload.
- seamlessly and with follow-up.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with team under critical time frames.
- Self-driven and experience working in a fast-paced environment and ability to apply good work habits to effectively complete assigned tasks and contribute to the smooth operation of the company/department.
- United Legwear & Apparel Company is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we do not currently sponsor visas.