Product Development Assistant, Temp. to Perm.
JOB TITLE: PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT, Temp to Perm
· Assist the Product Development Manager with the sourcing and development of a commercially viable line that fulfills the Chief Creative Officer’s design vision, brand strategy and financial plans
· Assist with the brand’s product life cycle calendar to ensure all departments are prepared in advance for market & handoff to production
· Monitor brand’s product development process from initial design concept to prototype to commercialization, i.e., “prepare product to be production-ready”
· Following up with Design, Technical, CAD/Graphics, Production and Sales/Merchandising to ensure that any changes are immediately corrected/communicated
· Work with Design to maintain seasonal development boards and coordinate L/D’s & S/O’s
· Manage prototype development process in partnership with Design, Technical and CAD/Graphics
· Assist fabric and trim yardage buying necessary for prototypes and samples
· Track all development submissions and samples
· Create and manage line-lists and help set up showroom for Market week.
· Communicate with overseas factories and mills to resolve pending issues and ensure deadlines are on target
· Collaborate with Production and Technical to provide all fabric information such as Solid/Printed Prices, MOQs per color, Surcharges (if any), Fabric Content, COO, Lead-times, etc.,
· Coordinate with Production to understand shipping restrictions, duty rates and pre-testing for development
· Coordinate with Production and Suppliers on a regular basis for vendor changes and future development opportunities
· Research qualities based on Design and Sales/Merchandising feedback
· Work closely with Sales/Merchandising and Production to update pricing, care and sourcing issues
· Maintain seasonal fabric binders with swatches, fabric detail sheets and mill cards
· Support Design and Technical at fittings, taking notes, following up on any issues after fits, i.e.: fabric issues, color issues, yarn changes, etc.
· 0-2- years of experience in product development.
· B.S. in Textiles, Fashion Merchandising, Design or equivalent
· Basic computer skills and knowledge in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint:, Adobe Suite
· Ability to communicate clearly using fabric/merchandising/garment construction terminology and skills both written and verbal
· Knowledge of product and fabric with an eye for color and styling
· Flexible and able to accept and embrace departmental/organizational changes with positive attitude
· Organized and detailed orientated
· Problem-solver, solutions orientated
· Must be able to multi-task, prioritize work on a continual basis
· Excellent written and oral communications skills
· Able to build relationships effectively with cross-functional teams
The Natori Company (www.natori.com) designs high-end fashion, with collections including lingerie, bras, sleepwear, ready-to-wear, bedding, towels, home fragrance, swim, and more. The company was founded in 1977 by CEO and founder Josie Natori, who continues to be the head designer for the Josie Natori, Natori, Josie, and N Natori labels.