Product Development Manager, Jewelry Collections
The Manager of PDPM will lead and facilitate all aspects of the Product Development Process to develop product for complex level projects to meet committed launch dates. The Manager will be responsible for creating and maintaining project timelines, developing processes, driving execution, identifying and resolving issues, and communicating to cross functional partners on status, risks and changes. The Manager must thrive in fast-paced environments, have strong meeting facilitation skills, manage through ambiguity and complexity, and support multiple projects. The Manager's main responsibilities will encompass project management, operation & staff management.
Project Timeline Management:
• Establish and build project timeline to guide team throughout all phases of development for multiple projects of varying scope.
• Demonstrate strong initiative and follow through in executing project responsibilities, overcoming obstacles and balancing multiple priorities.
• Elevate timeline risks with transparency, propose solutions and drive team to make decisions to achieve project scope.
Project Communication Management:
• The Manager will build partnerships within Product Development, Category Management, Design, Inventory Management, Strategic Sourcing, Jewelry Supply Planning and Gemstone-Diamond Acquisition to ensure that all project objectives are achieved.
• Lead project management communication and ensure collaboration with cross functional stakeholders throughout development.
• Ensure timely and effective communication to leadership, cross-functional teams and supplier base.
• Consistently provide organized, succinct, accurate, clear and solutions-oriented communication, utilizing appropriate formats, templates, and data.
• Develop and foster close working partnerships with cross-functional colleagues and supplier base to facilitate end to end project development.
• Actively lead in various project meetings to ensure team alignment, organizing agendas and recaps, as required.
• Support VP & Director with execution of department initiatives and any additional business needs.
• Manage staff, provide direction to prioritize their workload, ensure reporting and project accuracy.
• Train and develop staff to execute departmental standard operating procedures.
• Develop staff for future growth- identifying and building key skills, ensuring development through assigning stretch projects, identifying areas that need improvement and coaching staff through one-on-one and group staff meetings.
• Encourage staff to take initiative, grow skills through outside learning and capitalize on their strengths.
• Prepare staff evaluations, follow company guidelines and PMP timeline.
• Lead staff integration and training of new systems (TPM, Wrike) and processes.
• Guide team through process execution and validate content accuracy.
• Support and maintain existing processes and establish new processes to support continued evolution of product development.
Systems & Tools
• Gain understanding of the systems and tools, elevate inefficiencies and identify potential solutions.
• Work closely with direct reports to ensure efficient use and understanding of systems.
• Optimize reporting for forward planning.
• Ensure data integrity across various product development tools and systems.
• Plan and monitor project budget for tooling and other development expenses.
Expense & Inventory Management
• Oversee and monitor team's inventory and ensure timely project close out.
- Prior Product Development/Project Management experience, preferably in a jewelry product
- Ability to manage 3-5 year timelines and strong overall project management
- Proven ability to lead others and function effectively in a team environment
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to manage and uphold departmental standards and business direction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong project management skills
- Possesses overall aesthetic sensibility
- Accurate and attentive to details
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel) with ability to learn new software
- Undergraduate College degree
- Basic Gemstone knowledge; Graduate Gemologist a plus
- Overall industry knowledge for product category
- Overall product development manufacturing process knowledge
- Complete working knowledge of Tiffany & Co. merchandise information systems
- Complete working knowledge of Tiffany & Co. operations