Product Development Manager, Sweaters
The Product Development Manager RTW Sweaters will lead the development of the RTW product focusing on sweater styles as a key liaison between the teams of design, production, merchandising, tech, and overseas offices + vendors for Sweater categories. PD Manager will maintain support on large scale, fast moving seasonal developments adhering to an operation timeline catered to the nuanced needs of yarns / sweater product while focused on efficient leadership across RTW Sweaters. Responsible for monitoring and communicating out to cross functional teams on timeliness, requirements, accuracy and execution throughout product lifecycle - from development of yarns/ knitdowns / samples through to bulk production. Reports to Director, Product Development and Production
- Close partnership and daily communication alongside Design/ Merch / Tech teams
- Spearhead recurring calendar meetings with Design / Tech teams to pre-empt deadlines / plan workload in order to ensure calendar adherence
- Responsible for vendor allocation strategy; advising factory allocation at yarn ordering / knitdown stage and also at sampling and bulk stages where applicable
- Oversee in initiating / utilize style tracker/ BOM tracker tool, keeping track of style details/ count / streamlined communication with overseas, to be maintained throughout product life cycle from conception to production
- Oversee in creation / maintenance/ sending of Bill of Materials to overseas, from development through to bulk production
- Handle daily communication with overseas offices, outside vendors domestically and internationally and internal offices to answer questions, solve problems, maintain processes and keep teams aligned on calendar
- Review yarns, trim/embellishment and prints
- Partner with color team to ensure yarn labdip approvals are on track and align on sub yarn qualities / colors. Responsible to initiate labdip requests for any counter yarn options
- Manage direct vendor relationships with international/domestic vendors with ability to work through the nuances of each relationship and maintain them effectively
- Oversee the onboarding process of potential new factories, partnering with Compliance, Quality teams
- Troubleshoot costing concerns throughout product lifecycle - from yarn selection stage to sampling (and bulk if necessary), and proactively suggest and trigger counter cost options in yarns or construction, working closely with factories to trial options
- Effectively handle garment / material cost negotiations, provide cost targets, propose cost options for vendors to work on
- Responsible to estimate costing based on garments and knitdowns
- Hold costing reviews with Design/Merchants/Production teams. Communicate any at risk styles for IMU during development calendar accordingly
- Maintain system update with most real time costing.
- Responsible to attend proto, SMS and production fittings and capture/alert to teams changes and implications to cost, aesthetic and delivery
- Responsible to adhere to fitting protocol and manage teams in fittings to stay on track to calendar, notes discussed in Tory reviews and design comments
- Troubleshoot, problem solve and suggest "best practices" of construction details while maintaining company aesthetic, cost margins and deliverables
- Partner with Tech / Production to ensure fit sample turnaround adhere to calendar and on time delivery
- Maintain and manage style tracker to capture adoption rates for styles at style level and pattern level
- Report and track Development numbers at Tech Pack pass off stages
- Adhere to calendar deadlines and communicate when calendar or development is at risk
- Maintain close partnership with Production to recap and align on style details as they relate to costing & timing, to ensure a seamless transition from development into bulk production
- Partner with production department regarding T&A and production calendar deliverables throughout calendars
- Partner with Production and other respective teams to address any Testing, Quality, Audit, Inspection, Logistics, Customs issues
EDUCATION & PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- 6+ years of experience within Industry,including at least 4 years' experience in product development with a sweater focus.
- Proficient technical knowledge of sweater construction, yarn and garment leadtimes / calendar, costing, testing/ quality.
- Experience working with local and oversea manufacturing, in particular Sweater/yarn vendors
- Demonstrated proficiency within Microsoft applications
- Proficiency in software similar to Web PDM
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact [email protected] .
NYC COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Tory Burch requires new hires employed in New York City to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 per the order of the Commissioner of Health and Mental Hygiene to Require COVID19 Vaccination in the Workplace. Tory Burch provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).