Product Lead- First Mile
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accounts, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.Who we are looking for
The Product Lead builds and maintains products, tools, and capabilities that support our increasingly sophisticated first mile landscape, supporting shipments from origin consolidator through ports in the US and Canada and delivering to Nike distribution centers and Nike wholesale partners. This role serves as the first line of support for the operations team and is the link between business operations and technical teams. The role also assists with capability building programs, sets pilot scope/timing/objectives, and transitions “pilot” programs to “business as usual” programs, run by the First Mile Operations team.What you will work on
- 1st line of defense for all Transportation Management System (TMS) issues after the operations team
- Link between operations and technical teams
- Review data as needed in the Transportation Management System and advise fixes in SAP or other logistics relevant systems
- Loop in other TMS teams with more details of what went wrong and build ticket if necessary
- Responsible for testing with carriers and other third parties
- Responsible to get in touch with other groups to explain the fix or loop in other TMS teams with more detail error info.
- Supervises Transportation System Performance and data flow to ensure data accuracy from LSP/Carriers
- Serves as the day-to-day point of contact for Transportation system troubleshooting including validation of EDI message receipts and error messages review and resolutions.
- Maintain master data within transportation systems such as LSP allocations, etc.
- Evaluates and recommend new opportunities for improving our software, hardware, and IT processes.
- Support testing for System Improvements such as new LSP integrations and capabilities.
- Maintain required documentation to support system processes.
- Work and establish effective relationships with key partners: first mile operations team, LSP management team, planning and technology teams, global logistics product management team and the supply chain center of excellence.
You will establish effective relationships with partners across the supply chain to build the future of first mile transportation. Key partners include the first mile operations team, LSP management team, integrated flow planning team, technology teams, global logistics product management team, and the supply chain center of excellence. The role reports directly to the Capability Development First Mile Product Manager for North America Transportation & Trade.What you bring
- Bachelors degree and a minimum 3 years of first mile transportation operations experience, including air, ocean, and intermodal shipments or combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- Proven track record in program and change management
- Dynamic storytelling and ability to influence without direct authority
- End-to-end critical thinking
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.