Product Line Manager - Wolverine
At Wolverine, we exist to support the people who forge their own path; men and women who stop at nothing to build the future they want.
Born in Michigan, we’ve been building boots and gear for over 135 years to be every bit as tenacious and capable as the people who wear them. What started as a work boot that promised to give you 1000 miles of wear has evolved into a footwear and apparel brand that delivers on that promise every day, in every product. We provide guaranteed comfort and time-tested design in everything from steel toe work boots to premium leather boots handcrafted in the USA… we’re not good because we’re old – we’re old because we stayed good.
We do more than just make great products; we strive to provide a collaborative working environment, with creative minds and innovative thought processes, utilizing consumer insights and market research to stand out from the pack. With Project Bootstrap, we champion and support those in skilled trades careers through donations, marketing campaigns and ambassador programs.
TheOutdoor Product Line Manageris responsible for creating market-leading products that enable the brand to grow and meet business goals by evolving, developing and organizing the product line.
- Use competitive data, trend and innovative ideas to create a comprehensive assortment planning strategy for product line in the outdoor market.
- Evolves the line architecture in outdoor category to match business growth goals and objectives. Works closely with work PLM, to assure harmony of the full product lines.
- Identifies target markets and market penetration strategies
- Act as Customer Advocate and Voice Of The Customer; Understand the aspects of a customer’s business which applies to our product offerings by capturing and articulating market problems.
- Monitors the creation and development of new products, performing ongoing market research, tracking customer satisfaction, participating in the product decision making process, and measuring product success.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years’ experience in footwear, apparel or accessories.
- Proven working knowledge of footwear industry, including technology and product development, materials, trends and the overall marketplace.
- Strong product knowledge and understanding of global markets and competitors.
- Strong merchandising skill sets with knowing how the retail market runs.
- Must be able to follow-through and have strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate, including the ability to manage strong and effective cross functional relationships within the organization.
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Wolverine Worldwide has a flexible, hybrid work schedule, with three days in office and two days remote.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).