Product Management Lead Portland Hub
The world's fastest-growing sports brand is seeking a Global Product Management Leader to help co-create On's first creation hub, functioning as an extension of the Zurich office. Based in Portland Oregon, yet frequently visiting our globally spread team and key retail partners, the role will manage the creation of a segment of our footwear product line to ensure products are relevant to customers, to retailers, and to the company.
This position is based in Portland, Oregon and work is performed in a hybrid environment.
- At the intersection of product design and development to create an industry-leading product footwear range, you connect the dots between multiple internal teams being a great communicator and motivator.
- Work to create processes for a seamless communication flow in the first north American product hub with the Zurich based team to ensure alignment and appropriate product sign-off for future products.
- Innovate on new ways of working across timezones to help bring strength to the global product range.
- Communicate closely with our targeted communities (customers and retailers in key markets) to ensure a customer-centric range.
- You are constantly connected to innovation and sustainability teams to ensure the range is forward-looking and industry leading.
- Provide a clear and relevant product range architecture for customers, retailers, and for the company, in close collaboration with apparel. You make sure the range is well positioned and profitable.
- Lead the co-creation of clear and relevant briefs (products, materials, colors )
- You are the voice of customers, retailers, and of the company in product decision making, all along the product creation process. You own margins, forecasting and calendar.
- Collaborate with the Zurich team for the seasonal kick off and product line reviews to validate alignment with the founders of the company.
- Represent your team's rotating product range in the company. You ensure a full handover to the go-to-market team with relevant stories and tools to enable the team to successfully sell-in and launch products.
- Present products to the company at the Global Sales Meeting, at key account meetings, and at product launches.
- You will start up the next chapter of Footwear Product Management at On. Therefore, you will go in with an entrepreneur mentality, which includes being flexible in adapting to new circumstances and showing resilience in coping with the unforeseen.
- 8 + years of experience in product management in a global sports brand environment with a proven record of creating and successfully launching industry leading products.
- Able to Onboard 6 months in Zurich.
- A higher education degree in Marketing, Product Management or any other related field.
- Perfect understanding of the global footwear market and its opportunities.
- Passion for challenging the status quo and shaping the process creation and team operating out of Portland.
- Strength in managing projects, ability in delivering throughout the full process end-to-end.
- Strong communication and team-working skills, dedicated to over-delivering (y)our promise and a sense of WOW.
- Ambition to work in an environment that requires to be excellent in both analytics as well as creative and innovative thinking.
- Customer-first mindset. Great network-building skills and ability to connect effectively with a diverse team of peers and stakeholders.
- You are fully fluent in English (written and spoken).
Meet The Team
As the Product Management team, we're responsible for managing product creation to facilitating go-to-market efforts; concept to consumer. Our cross functional interaction is driven by a consumer-focused mindset to ensure we create a product line that sells in and through.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.