Merchandising is a critical function of any business, and at TOMS it’s no different. It starts and ends with the consumer and is expressed primarily through storytelling. You will be responsible for driving profitable and sustainable growth across all business units you oversee and will be an integral part in strategy building to achieve this. You have a proven ability to understand the consumer, and most importantly their needs. An ability to recognize trends, capitalize as appropriate, and see beyond to identify “what’s next”. You are highly analytical, but also creative, and have the ability to blend both the art with the science of Merchandising. And as such, you will be successful in working cross-functionally with Sales to strategize, build, and manage Consumer Right Assortments for the Off-Price and Value channel. The understanding and application of TOMS segmentation strategy will be a key to success, delivering impactful stories to specific channels to meet the brand’s revenue goals. You will also champion the TOMS experience by working closely with your colleagues to ensure brand cohesion with the Inline categories.
Preferably, the ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of related professional experience. Should be willing to work as part of a team. The ability to interact cross-functionally with Merchandising, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Planning, Sourcing, and Supply Chain teams is essential. The ability to work under pressure, think strategically, and act tactically, being open-minded and flexible are all considered key qualities of a Merchandiser.
What You'll Do
- Drive the concept-to-commercialization process for TOMS Offprice Made-to-Order (MTO) and Value Channel Open Make-Up (OMU) products, including Product Design, Merchandising, Project Management, Sampling, and Calendar Implementation.
- Partner with Sales to build seasonal Assortment plans for Off-Price and Value Channel retailers, ensuring financial goals, key market trends, and account differentiation needs are met.
- Architect and execute MTO and Value OMU product assortment to meet channel LRP targets, including silhouette selection, material selection, creation of CADs, color merchandising, pricing, building of seasonal line documents (margin linesheets and visual line plans), cost engineering, and organization/management of all sample needs and approvals.
- Continually analyze the market landscape and competition to ensure relevance and identify opportunities in this channel.
- Lead the calendar process for the Off-Price MTO/Value OMU business, and ensure milestones and key deliverables are met.
- Value engineer product to achieve margin targets while maintaining price-value equation for the consumer.
- Protect and champion TOMS brand in the Off-Price channel, by taking down global product trends and maintaining continuity with Inline product, while differentiating from Inline and achieving margin targets and calendar needs
- Facilitate Product Lifecycle Management by creating and managing strategies for what products continue and/or what products retire in each seasonal range
- Create and maintain seasonal line documents, including visual line presentation, creative assets, product presentations, sales line sheets. Responsible for Product Life Cycle; MID creation and management, Pricing, Weighted Forecasting, etc.
- Provide seasonal visual assortment tools to support sales efforts, and partner with them to present and land profitable and consumer-right assortments.
- Build historical data, as benchmark & foundation of business, and utilize this information to grow the sales and protect GM margin.
- Partner with category merchants to understand inline product overlap prior to Value Channel OMU prework or approvals
- Maintain product data and ensure all relevant and accurate information is housed within the internal systems; that it is continually updated and accurate in near real-time
- Develop cost matrix/pricing matrix for all seasonal pricing
- Create seasonal forecasts by partnering cross-functionally with Sales and the Planning and Operations team; ensuring forecast accuracy and influencing the overall inventory buys
- Deliver all assigned projects on time, in full, and while maintaining the quality standards
- Other tasks may be assigned from time to time which contribute to the overall success of the company
- Understand the metrics of SKU Efficiency, how to manage, analyze and control in a way that delivers the right number, in the right places, at the right time to drive growth
- Participate in Regional trade shows, account meetings, and market visits as needed
- 3-5 Years of experience with Footwear-Specific Merchandising, Product Development, and/or Design
- Experience working with Sales teams; Value channel or Off-Price experience a plus
- Contributes to and works well within teams
- Excellent attention to detail and very organized
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while shifting priorities
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Interest and love for business, fashion, and improving lives
- Product management/merchandising - product creation and product management experience with a fashion brand
- A passion for creating great products and storytelling
- Ability to establish strong relationships at all levels and across geographies throughout the organization and cross-functionally
- Strong mindset for continuous improvement and meeting or exceeding expectations
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint a must.
- Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop are a must.
- $70-80K annually to start, depending on experience, plus an annual bonus based on the company's performance
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K with company matching
- A generous PTO policy + 10 paid annual holidays + one floating holiday
- Half-Size Fridays: enjoy weekends starting at noon each Friday
- 4 free pairs of shoes per year (yes, free!)
- Employee Discount on all of our products plus discounts on partnering businesses
- Wellness classes (exercise, finance, mental health, parenting, nutrition, etc.)
- Opportunities to volunteer with Giving Partners and Community Organizations
We're committed to transparent and equitable compensation, benefits, and opportunities.
EEO Statement:TOMS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to intentional anti-racism in all areas of our organization and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with the L.A. Fair Chance Initiative Ordinance. Our diverse backgrounds, perspectives, identities, and talents help us thrive.