L2 Brands is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of high-quality, custom-logo apparel, headwear and home décor serving the large and growing Collegiate, Resort/Destination, Golf and Corporate markets. For over 30 years, L2 Brands, through its League, Legacy, Ouray and Locale lifestyle brands, has created premium customized products that connect consumers with the schools, traditions, destinations and workplaces they identify with and love.
L2 Brands is deeply committed to our tight-knit, open door culture. We demonstrate this by placing creativity at the heart of everything we do, designing trend-right products, encouraging input from all levels of associates, pitching in to help others when needed and taking care of our people with great benefits. Our office motto is “Work Hard and Be Nice”, and behind that credo are L2’s Core Values of putting our customers’ satisfaction at the heart of our daily life, innovating new products and processes to win, requiring a teamwork mentality and accountability, and making a difference in both our local community as well as our factories by doing things the right way.
Summary: The core responsibilities include working on the live orders that come into the L2 Design Queue daily. This position reports to the Production Art Director and/or Production Art Supervisor.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Work independently in the L2 Brands design database/queue adapting L2 Brands’ artwork across all categories including headwear, apparel, and home décor.
- Use Stock Art design templates properly.
- Know correct sizing for custom logos.
- Search previous designs to make sure it has not been done before or to see if items can be used from another design.
- Utilize the searches to ensure naming & design descriptions are consistent.
- Understand L2 applications & how to properly execute art.
- Use the correct color palettes in Illustrator and have color correction knowledge in Photoshop.
- Double check all designs before moving forward in the database.
- Apply L2 “rules” to designs – i.e. knowing when to change order colors according to hat colors, styles & applications.
- Able to make custom adjustments to Stock Art when necessary & be able to think outside the box.
- Understand & apply the L2 Brands Standards & Art Submission Requirements.
- Occasionally production artists may be asked to learn other product applications or decoration techniques. This may require learning additional software platforms.
- Production artists may also be asked to provide new images for L2’s website & the IOS app.
The essential functions of a production artist are to finalize artwork completely and accurately, in the database, in a timely manner. Fully trained production artists should be able to complete 20-35 designs per day.
- Work on special projects as needed.
- Sustain effective and positive working relationships to ensure an environment that is in alignment with both the Company’s Core Values and profitability goals.
- Be an ambassador for the company, both internally and externally to help build confidence, pride, and value in the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Senior Production Artist, Production Art Supervisor or Production Art Director.
- Art degree in Graphic Design or Digital Arts/Multimedia
- No prior art experience required
- Must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop
- Experience utilizing problem solving skills, attention to details, reading comprehension and spelling.
- Keen eye for color variances.
- Outstanding time management, good judgment and ability to manage multiple priorities/deadlines with a positive can-do attitude.
- Extremely organized.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, collaboration and verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with others at all levels within an organization.
- Highly productive and a strong team player who works with a sense of urgency and hands-on approach.
- A level of self-direction and self-motivation in aligning your personal actions and areas of responsibilities within the company and understanding their fit into the bigger picture.
- Ability to cross boundaries within the organization to enhance your effectiveness and advance your objectives and achieve results.
- The ability to quickly adapt to, be accepted by and inter-relate with colleagues at all levels, particularly in a company with a very strong and rich corporate culture.
- An honest and forthright individual who is flexible, coachable, upfront and direct with direct reports, peers and management.
- Strong understanding of products offered by L2 Brands.
- Commitment to company vision/values/brand.