Reporting to the Production Design Manager, this position is primarily responsible for collaborating with the Product Development and Design (PD&D) team to support the technical design needs of the Product Development Department. Artwork and item formats are created by our in-house Designers and forwarded to our Production Artists who inspect, correct, modify and prepare art files for mass production. This position has a high demand for tight deadlines and immediacy in providing solutions and answers. It requires work of a very precise nature. It is an extremely important role and part of our overall quality assurance process as we create beautiful and unique products.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare organized production files including technical specifications from concept art provided by designers.
- Responsible for creation of tech packs; ensuring proper age grades, warnings and technical information is accurate.
- Revise and proof files accurately and efficiently through multiple rounds of review, coordinate and implement changes.
- Create packaging from supplied style guides from concept to finish, including versions of design to accommodate varying products/sizes, and legal warning statements while adhering to style/brand guides.
- Assist design team with necessary projects to help the entire PD&D team function efficiently and effectively.
- Affinity for creating solutions under the direction of a design colleague and according to style guides.
- Anticipate design needs by gathering any necessary documents in preparation for development work efficiencies.
- Responsible for organization and information pertaining to the material library, including uploading images, adding information needed for production.
- Input design files within our enterprise-wide Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system.
- Participate in photography, including prepping package mock-ups, supporting photo styling and color correcting imagery.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Technical Design, or other related field(s).
- Factory and Production File accuracy.
- Key understanding of materials, finishes, and product substrate color.
- Understanding of key design principles.
- Demonstrate initiative, conscientiousness and complete follow-through in areas of responsibility.
- Comfortable in knowledge of printing techniques, particularly 4-color process.
- Strong skills and knowledge of: Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign); Moderate knowledge of: Microsoft Suite (Word, Access, Excel and Outlook).
To succeed in this role, here’s the type of person you are:
You are a creative problem solver with a passion for innovation, delivering quality and timely results, and a drive to continuously learn and develop. Collaboration is your middle name. You enjoy teamwork and thrive in a collaborative project environment with ongoing deadlines. Your communication skills are top notch and you aren’t afraid to speak up to present new ideas or recommendations. You are self-motivated, have a sense of urgency and like working in an energetic, fast-paced environment. You’re easy to work with. You proactively approach problems. You are flexible, adaptable, high-energy and ready to turn creative concepts into successful business results. You do what’s necessary to get the job done, on time, all the time.
Made For Retail is committed to two basic principles: do good work and be good people. In addition to developing great designs and producing quality product responsibly and efficiently…
- we strive to have a positive impact on people and in our communities.
- we support a safe, unbiased organizational culture and an inclusive experience for all stakeholders.
- we work hard to create and ensure a thoughtful product experience for all guests.
- we aim for the highest standards of honesty, transparency, and integrity in all that we do each day.
Made For Retail Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.