Frida is more than a brand built to support parents. We get parents. We know all about the often unbelievable realities of parenthood, because we’ve been in the trenches. Over the last 9 years, we’ve dedicated ourselves to developing the tools (and sometimes the tips, too) that help simplify parenting - and it all started with snot. Since the launch of our cult-favorite NoseFrida, The SnotSucker, we’ve innovated and launched over 100 products that provide quick and easy solutions to age-old parenting problems. We also launched Frida Mom in 2019, with products to help women with the transition through the fourth trimester into motherhood. Today, Frida holds over a 70% share of its main category, and our products can be found in over 50+ countries and in over 40,000 stores throughout the US - in every retail channel from mass-market, grocery, chain drug, and specialty stores. For 9 years, we’ve had parents’ backs as they navigate the parts of parenthood you don’t usually see on the ’gram with honest and raw messaging to provide the answers to questions they didn’t even know they had. And, we’re just getting started.
How You Will Make An ImpactFrida is looking for a Production Artist to join our Packaging team based in Miami, FL. Reporting to Package Design Production Manager, the selected candidate will create print-ready mechanicals according to brand guidelines for Frida’s packaging needs.
Responsibilities To Include
- Create on-time, error-free, and ready-to-produce final artwork mechanicals
- Create conceptually sound extensions of approved “typical” designs for additional project components across all Frida brands
- Support and defend the creative concept, and adherence to brand style guidelines throughout the production process
- Maintain personal, daily, and weekly production schedule
- Generate physical print proofs for internal and external purposes
- Act as liaison between design and print manufacturers to ensure successful and efficient production of all concepts
- Adhere to file naming and back-up procedures to ensure sound digital asset archival
- Release final artwork to business partners and/or suppliers (via cloud, ftp, extranet, email, etc.)
- Apply technical art specifications from internal and external business teams to facilitate submissions/adherence with regulatory requirements (legal, FCC, FDA, CSPC, etc.)
- Review digital and physical proofs as well as color samples/drawdowns
- Work closely with Brand, Product Development, and Package Engineering team to coordinate project deadlines and priorities
- Ensure timely delivery \of all artwork files to printers; Work with print vendors to ensure quality and delivery meets expectations
- Conduct press check activity with local printers if/when needed
- Special project as assigned
- Occasional travel required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Graphic Design
- 3+ years relevant experience in mechanical production preparation with a focus in packaging artwork (2D), ideally at a consumer products company or agency within the CPG packaging field
- Basic mastery of Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Experience working with Epson Large Format Printer/Proofer and comfortable using a color spectrometer to maintain color on our proofing process
- Knowledge of (or willingness to learn) communication software (Slack), Project Management tools (Asana) and Google Workspace (especially Slides, Docs and Sheets)
- Solid understanding of pre-press and full-color printing processes
- Stellar portfolio showcasing complex packaging production projects
- An understanding and passion for design systems and the ability to work within and evolve them as needed.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and culture
- Self-starter who values collaboration and feedback
Frida is an organization that values collaboration and community. As the Production Artist, you will work closely with Design and Packaging teams.
Our Ways of WorkingFrida HQ is located in Miami, Florida and approved roles have the flexible option to work remotely both Mondays and Fridays with the benefit of connecting in person Tuesdays - Thursdays.
Why You Will Love Working at Frida
- Robust health benefits including:
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental plans
- Employer paid life insurance
- Supplemental insurance options including Accident Insurance, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- FSA & HSA
- 401k matching up to 4% with immediate vesting
- Generous paid time off program including elective PTO days, federal holidays, sick/wellness days, and a birthday floater
- Flexible paid pregnancy and parental leave
- Weekly wellness programming including manicures & pedicures, massages, and carwashes
- Dog friendly office - feel free to bring your best buddy with you to work!
- Learning & development opportunities for professional and personal growth
- Company-wide events & outings- we know how to throw a party! Team engagement is at the epicenter of our culture, whether it’s getting together for our annual Fam Jam bash or giving back to our community through a day of service
- Exclusive employee product discounts