Founded in 1998 United Legwear & Apparel Co. (ULAC) is a global designer, manufacturer and distributor of socks, legwear, sportswear, bodywear, and accessories. As one of the leading resources in the industry, ULAC offers a full range of apparel, from newborn/toddler sizes through teens and adults.
United Legwear & Apparel Co. has assembled a team of experienced professionals with like priorities all working together to make the company the very best in the business. Whether in sales, finance, planning, licensing, or shipping, the goal is always customer satisfaction and superior product.
INNOVATION, DESIGN AND MERCHANDISING
Our design and merchandising teams have expertise in identifying emerging trends, fashions, and consumer desires. We also understand the essence of a brand and translate each brand’s DNA while creating apparel and accessories with the most advanced fabrics and yarns and designing items for sport/performance needs and lifestyle. It is the company goal to deliver the best quality goods and the most innovative products within a category.
The company as a whole works at a very fast pace. We thrive in an environment filled with tight deadlines, collaboration and camaraderie. The entire company is very tight knit. The packaging team works closely with the product designers, members of the sales team and the CEO on a daily basis. While we value sharp minds and professionalism, we like to surround ourselves with people who have a quirky sense of humor, and who understand what it means to be confident yet humble. We know how to get things done and have fun at the same time, and are looking for someone who can do the same.
The Production Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating daily communication between factory/vendors/suppliers and internal related departments to ensure production expectations are met. This position will thrive in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment and operate and communicate inter-departmentally who is highly organized, can multi-task, and has the capacity to work in ever changing/increasing volumes of tasks and daily workload. They must also have the ability to operate and communicate inter-departmentally, whether written or verbally.
Essential Functions (Including but not limited to):
- Daily coordination and communication with factories/vendors/suppliers and inter-departments.
- Responsible for issuing Purchase Orders to factories/vendors/suppliers.
- Manage Pre-production samples and top of production samples, ensure that they are received in a timely manner and meet expectations.
- Track, receive and confirm shipments at various stages.
- Communicating internally the status of all shipments to necessary departments to ensure shipping occurs on time.
- Collect and manage weekly WIP reports from factories/vendors/suppliers.
- Ensure system dates are met or appropriate changes are made.
- Cross check quality assurance process (Testing/inspection) with QA department prior to factory shipments.
- Monitor factory ship dates and PO close dates.
- Receive shipping documents and check before sending to import/receiving departments.
- Perform any other duties as assigned in support of the company needs and operations.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree and 2 years’ experience in production or logistics or equivalent combination or education and experience.
- Knowledge of Exenta Software a plus or experience with other Supply Chain Management systems.
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office (intermediate to advance Excel), database systems, email and internet.
- Excellent written and verbal skills as required for effective interpersonal communication with clients and other employees.
- Excellent analytical skills to read, analyze and interpret data and draw valid conclusions that show understanding and insight.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks and workload seamlessly with keen attention to detail and follow-up.
- Ability to be extremely flexible and adaptable in completing a diverse range of assignments, under critical time frames, and work on multiple assignments in a timely manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and apply good work habits to effectively complete assigned tasks and contribute to the smooth operation of the company/department.
*United Legwear & Apparel Company is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we do not currently sponsor visas.