Full-time Contract, 3-month assignment
100% on-site, Marin, SF Bay Area
Now Hiring a Production Designer to work across all aspects of print and digital design for a luxury retail client based near San Francisco. This position is similar to a production artist or junior graphic designer with the opportunity to expand into graphic design or art direction. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years of design and production experience within advertising, branding, direct marketing, retail, or editorial, as well as a highly developed eye for detail and a passion for design.
This position will work with cross-functional teams that include project managers, creative directors, art directors, print production team, photo studio, producers, retouchers, merchants, product development, web team, and copywriters.
What You’ll Do:
- Work as a creative intermediary between the photography team, retouchers, graphic design team, product development team, illustrators, creative directors, art directors, and project managers
- Manage and maintain the working files for the print catalog and ensure such files are updated and correct in all their digital and physical iterations
- Develop and maintain organized and detail-oriented file management systems of InDesign documents and digital files.
- Create rough, "pre-retouched" files in Photoshop and InDesign and provide specific creative direction blueprints for retouchers
- Responsibilities also include print production, preliminary retouching, maintaining working files and folders, and organizing digital imagery in the concepting phases of a project
What You’ll Bring:
- Advanced skills in InDesign and Photoshop, as well as a basic understanding of print production/prepress
- Eagerness to learn new skills and software, and flexibility to adopt techniques and protocols that are specific to the company workflow
- A passion for organization and developing organizational systems, with a proclivity for detail-oriented design and thinking
- The ability to proceed with projects proactively, meet deadlines, and openness to work demanding hours when the project requires it
- The desire to be part of a team and a willingness to accept direction and critique from creative directors and project managers and the flexibility to embrace change enthusiastically
- Ability to work calmly and comfortably in a high-pressure environment
- BFA or MFA Degree in Design or any related field