Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
Job descriptionJob Overview:
The Production Designer will contribute to our in-house design team by utilizing outstanding creative design skills on multiple design projects. They will work with the team on assisting in the execution of design concepts for a variety of digital and print projects. The Production Designer will have a strong understanding of branding, typography, information architecture and timeless design principles. The Production Designer must be an organized and creative thinker and have the ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Design and execution of digital assets (including but not limited to)emails, banners, site updates
- Create and execute various direct mail collateral
- Assist with the Catalog process. Attend turn-ins, create road map with attention to detail to styling notes, ad sizes etc.; communicate with art directors on any additional feedback that needs to be incorporated in the shoot charts.
- Assist in the design and execution of presentation decks and research
- Prep documents for pre-press: (extend bleed on images, replace FPO's with high-res images, check folio's, spacing of design elements, borders, type legibility, tracking etc.)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite - InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD. Competency in HTML, CSS, Premier, After Effects
- Ability to create comprehensive layouts with brand understanding, inclusive of type, color, illustration and fashion, ensuring brand aesthetic
- Ensure consistency of brand and creative across both print and digital customer touch points
ProfileQualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree from a 4-year college or university
- 1-2 years related experience
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Expert of Adobe Creative Suite. Knowledge of motion graphics web platforms a plus
- Digital portfolio that shows strong examples of smart designing thinking, focused on branding, typography, information architecture and timeless design principles within an in-house creative team or studio
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting, with occasional standing
- Occasionally requires walking, bending, reaching, hearing, and talking
- Continuous use of computers and other office equipment
- Frequently lift/move up to 25 lbs.