Production Planning Manager, Digital DC
You’re an original. So are we.
We’re a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we’ve used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi’s®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
The Production Planning Manager is accountable for all aspects of inventory management, control, and accuracy. This role will oversee the direction, coordination, and evaluation of workflows as well as partner with facility leadership team to promote continuous process improvements and build a culture centered around employee engagement and LS&Co values. This role is a member of the site leadership team and is expected to be engaged with all aspects of the site’s general operating practices, procedures, and decision making.
About the job:
- Manage all aspects of material flow to maintain control and accuracy over all inventories, including transactions, warehouse, receiving & shipping
- Optimize performance across all operational departments by developing a daily playbook that includes workload sequencing and software, mechanical, and labor utilization with hourly targets
- Manage hour-by-hour operational performance, continuously adapting to evolving order flow, order mix, and constraints
- Drive accountability and continuous process improvement utilizing LEAN and Six Sigma methodologies to achieve maximum results for productivity, quality, safety, and positive employee relations
- Lead and develop a team responsible for allocating orders, releasing work to the warehouse floor, balancing workflow, and ensuring inbound and outbound truck turn times are within acceptable levels to meet customer needs
- Navigate and create ad-hoc inventory and wave efficiency reports in IBM Cognos (Manhattan SCI) to data mine and analyze results to provide short- and long-term recommendations, this includes performing customized team-level analysis to proactively spot potential issues
- Maintain inventory records, organize cycle counts, and manage inventory exceptions in accordance with both internal and SOX compliance requirements
- Manage all counting activities in partnership with Finance, including physical inventories and re-counts
- Ensure departmental standard work methods are in place, documented, and executed consistently throughout the entire team
- Accountable for key performance indicators including Cost per Unit, Variable Cost per Unit, Units per Hour, inventory accuracy, and employee utilization and performance rates
- Ensure customer orders are serviced efficiently by developing standards and procedures that support inventory accuracy and world class quality results
- Partner with Engineering and other cross-functional or network colleagues to identify and implement changes in specific processes that will improve building inventory accuracy and workflows
- Lead special projects that align to the site and company’s strategic business plans
- Mentor team members
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in supply chain, management, or related field
- Strong knowledge of demand forecasting and distribution planning processes
- 5+ years of experience in planning, forecasting, or other quantitative analytics
- Demonstrated ability and passion to train, motivate, and lead in a team environment
- Ability to actively engage in constructive feedback, coaching and mentorship; focus on both short- and longer-term performance and development; emphasis on identifying and retaining top talent
- Ability to effectively communicate cross functionally in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders and competing priorities
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data, spot trends, pursue solutions, and translate data into actionable information
- Comfortable seeking opinions from individuals or teams, actively listening, challenging ideas, and finding consensus
- Experience with warehouse management systems; Manhattan WMOS preferred
- Experience using IBM Cognos (Manhattan SCI)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel including pivot tables, data visualizations, macros, and advanced functions
- Knowledgeable regarding lean manufacturing and change management (5S, Gemba, Kata, Muda, etc.)
- Lives the LS&Co. values of empathy, originality, integrity, and courage
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 50% off regular-price merchandise
Levi Strauss & Co. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Minorities, females, people with disabilities and veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
Hebron, KY, USA
FULL TIME/PART TIME