Project Manager (Temp to Perm), Brand Operations
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable, and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental, or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories, and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”About The Job
We are seeking aProject Manager
who will oversee the day-to-day operations and execution of all marketing creative and brand projects, as well as manage workflow and cross-functional communications connecting multiple aspects of the business in order to bring order and process to the company. This role will also be responsible for managing the cross-functional projects, timelines, connection points, processes, and planning cycles between marketing, creative, brand, and fashion teams as it relates to creative development and approvals.
The ideal candidate will facilitate the high quality of marketing output for the company, ensuring that creative initiatives and projects are resourced, tracked, and delivered on time. To be most effective in this role, you must be highly collaborative, strategic in understanding each team’s goals in relation to company objectives, and conceptual and flexible in your ability to implement pivotal workflow processes in a creative environment.
You will support the Creative team in getting work completed on time, within budget, and with all of the right stakeholders’ buy-in. The ideal candidate will be solutions-focused and able to mitigate risk by anticipating various scenarios throughout the course of a project and building actionable plans accordingly. You will monitor the progression of projects, alleviate bottlenecks as needed and act as the hub of information for the Marketing and Creative teams.
Reporting to the Director of Brand Operations, this is a highly cross-functional role that will work directly with stakeholders across brand, creative, revenue, fashion, and growth marketing teams.What You’ll Do
- Lead the flow of the creative development process across integrated mediums for the Marketing and Creative teams, including but not limited to tracking, briefing, and cross-department communication for traditional, digital, social, OOH, video, and print deliverables.
- Develop and own all timelines, including project kickoffs and stakeholder reviews, ensuring projects are delivered on time and on brief in accordance with goals.
- Oversee resource management and workflow of company creators, including but not limited to graphic designers, copywriters, and video editors.
- Coordinate meetings with necessary stakeholders, consolidate feedback & ensure that teams understand next steps, and assign action items to meet required deadlines.
- Manage concurrent projects, ticketing, developing timelines with key milestones, delivery, and proper cataloging of assets.
- Continuously evaluate and communicate the status of ongoing projects, identify any bottlenecks or risks, and manage expectations as needed.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders across the company.
- Motivate, support, and understand teams: business partners, brand strategists, art directors, designers, copywriters, content creators, and producers.
- Create an environment that encourages cross-functional collaboration, alignment, and momentum; facilitate collaboration and connection points across company departments to gather necessary inputs for decision-making.
- You have 5+ years of creative operations/project management experience in an agency or in-house.
- You have experience partnering with leadership, business owners, and creatives – and have a true understanding of full-funnel Marketing & Creative teams.
- You bring creative problem-solving to everything you do and are familiar with fast-paced, tech-driven creative and marketing environments.
- You have demonstrated experience setting up / optimizing processes aimed at improving workflow.
- You are fluent in creative development, project management, and content production experience (video, photo, and print), digital marketing (email, paid social), and integrated marketing campaigns (OTT, OOH, experiential).
- You have experience managing the creative development process and workload distribution.
- You bring positive energy and creative problem-solving to everything you do. You thrive in a fast-paced organization, enjoy working hard, and find new ways of doing things that unlock business value and team fulfillment.
- You are proficient with Google docs and have experience with Project Management software such as Smartsheet, Asana, Monday.com, Workfront, etc.
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
While initially a temporary position, the anticipated annualized base salary for this position is $78,400 - $98,000. The anticipated salary for the temporary position will be $37-$47 per hour. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held.