Purchasing Support Specialist
Our global house-of-brands inspires and empowers youth culture. Relentlessly committed to fuel a shared passion for self-expression, we create unrivaled experiences at the heart of the sport and sneaker communities through the power of our people. If you want to be a part of something bigger than you can imagine, you've come to the right place. To learn more about the incredible impact we're making on both our local and global communities, Click Here!
A Purchasing Support Specialist provides detailed support to the Buyer and successgully manages the development and growth of categories for which they are responsible.
- Maintain Buyer's merchandise "buy plans"
- Create models and SKUS from the information contained in the buy plan. Model and SKU creation to be done in the SKU Establishment System (SES). All UPC's to be loaded into SES to required SKUS needing UPC's
- Create purchase orders for loading prior to EDI/vendor deadlines
- Update the Product Information Database (PID) and upload the needed file into Workhorse from the buy plans
- Acquire and process merchandise samples from vendors by required sample deadlines. Maintain the sample tracking databases
- Assist Buyer with catalog proofing to include SKU number, description, price, sizes available, image, delivery date, and proper inventory levels
- Works with vendors through e-mail and phone calls to track incoming purchase orders to ensure timely delivery of merchandise. Update SKU ETA as needed on the Order Management System (OMS). SKU ETA dates are to be accurate for our phone agents and customer's to provide a positive customer service experience. Upon receipt of merchandise with a presell status, must update the OMS status and send and Internet Request to remove the attached presell text
- Resolve purchase order discrepancies from vendors relating to any shortage/overages/pricing and obtaining any Return Authorizations as needed
- Process PNOG (Product Not On Greenbar Log) report within 24 hours
- Analyze weekly sales results to forecast and recommend fill-in and cancellation strategy to Buyers, which will maximize inventory turns and maximize profit margins. Cancellations must be processed by the respective vendor deadlines
- Assists Buyer with preparing seasonal product presentations
- Ensure missing images (MIA) are completed and/or resolved in a timely manner
- Processes weekly back-order report for status changes on PO's for arrival or cancellations and weekly unknowns by 3:00 pm Monday
- Maintain Launch and Special Buy database
- Assists Catalog Communication Center by answering inbound customer calls when call volume exceeds expectations
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary
- This role has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCEAssociate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of computers, specifically spreadsheets and database tools is required. Basic to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word required. Microsoft Access knowledge is a plus. LANGUAGE SKILLSAbility to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLSAbility to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. REASONING ABILITYAbility to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. PHYSICAL DEMANDS While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. #LI-MN1