Quality Control Team Leader
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
To effectively lead, motivate and engage the Senior Team Leaders/ Team Leaders to achieve the budgeted production targets while ensuring the quality standards. Follow lean manufacturing methodology and right first time approach.
- Inspire teams to deliver outstanding performance, overcome challenges and drive results
- Motivate and inspire the Senior Team Leaders/ Team leaders to achieve or exceed the team performance targets
- Ensure production teams authorised absence/holidays are managed in line with production requirements to mitigate reduction in productivity
- Ensure that poor performance is addressed, and Employee Relations issues are resolved within the parameters of company procedure seeking coaching/ guidance from HR where appropriate or Production management.Inspire focus within the production team to produce quality excellence
- Effectively plan the loading of orders in collaboration with Production Management to maintain or achieve improved efficiencies
- Allocate work, monitor and record daily progress to ensure (hourly/ daily) shift workload targets are achieved
- Drive performance and growth, through excellent operational knowledge
- Cultivate our skills and talent to encourage continuous improvement and focus on continuous learning
- Continually seek and find opportunities to achieve operational excellence and inspire this within your team
- Support and encourage the production team to embrace continuous improvement and lean projects
- Seek out opportunities within the production team to make changes in a collaborative way and use the lean techniques to create improvements
- Establish a learning culture and seek opportunities to encourage multi skilling as per skills matrix/ training options
- Encourage and support team leader development creating sustainability
- Define, create and develop solutions to identify the root cause to problems to avoid future occurrences and develop this practise within the production teams
- Ensure the production teams are performing at appropriate skill level to meet the production plan, identify future training needs and ensure training/coaching is carried out to maintain operational efficiencies
- Offer Feedback, be visible and approachable
- Lead with presence on the frontline, as a brand ambassador and a role model for Burberry values and behaviours
- Continually monitor team performance (efficiency, speed, accuracy, quality, attendance, attitude and behaviour), taking necessary action where appropriate to improve standards.
- Monitor, coach and provide feedback to the team on production and quality targets to achieve operational excellence
- Nurture our craftsmanship, explore new opportunities and protect our heritage
- Effectively monitor and improve quality standards and create effective partnerships with areas such as quality/ technical
- Liaise with maintenance and management to identify investment areas and to obtain new/additional machinery required
- Embed a culture of pride within the working environment
- Ensure the company health and safety policy is followed by all production teams and protect the brand by educating others of risks and responsibilities
- Influence behaviour, embed brand knowledge, inspire pride and passion
- Create and maintain team spirit/morale within team and across IM to achieve a common goal
- Create within the production team a strong connection of the product and to the Brand
- Establish role model behaviours within Team Leaders so they display the company values and support corporate and internal manufacturing policy and objectives
- Embed within the production team good knowledge and passion about the Brand
- Excellent textile background and knowledge of garment construction.
- Strong awareness of luxury garments and high quality standards and resolving technical challenges to improve quality.
- Experience of managing large teams and developing people within a manufacturing environment
- Proven ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Proactive approach to tasks working in a fast paced environment.
- Good working knowledge of technology including Excel, Word.
- Proven problem solving skills.
- NVQ Level 3 or 4 in textiles or equivalent.
- Good level of education in literacy and numeracy.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: USA || New Jersey (US-NJ) || Vineland || SC CENTRAL OPERATIONS || QUALITY ASSURANCE & OPERATIONS || n/a ||