Raw Materials Procurement Assistant
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
As Raw Materials Procurement Assistant, you will be part of the Procurement team contributing to the development of materials delivery plans, while managing a wide portfolio of Suppliers.
You will have to create seasonal orders to suppliers, get in touch with them to assure that the delivery dates are accomplished, delivering the best service level for the business. You will have to monitor stock levels and advise on risks, and support on mitigation plans to avoid and reduce any potential risk for the business. Across these activities, Master Data management and continuous improvement projects will be part of your daily tasks, ensuring that the systems are up to date and accurate and that the Supply Chain is working efficiently.
- To order materials based on company needs and business critical path
- To manage day-to-day inventory issues, minimizing any potential stock-risks
- To work together with FP supply planning to identify risks, opportunities and mitigation plans
- To communicate efficiently with suppliers to create production and delivery plans in line with company needs
- To partner with the materials development and engineering team to understand materials readiness
- To build and control suppliers' capacity and production plans
- To report on suppliers' performance and service level (On time deliveries, Quality, KPI)
- Management Engineering Master degree is a plus
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of Stealth is a plus
- Good knowledge of English
- Previous experience in Supply Chain departments is a plus
- Metal Hardware processes knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of Supply Chain and continuous improvement principles
- Team player and driven for results
- Good communication and problem solving skills
- Organised, efficient and delivery focused
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: Italy || Not Applicable || Florence || SC CENTRAL OPERATIONS || LEATHER GOODS COE || n/a ||