Regional Visual Merchandiser
Marine Layer has spent the last decade or so building out an assortment of really cool, really comfortable apparel, and a fleet of 50+ stores in some pretty awesome locations. The intersection of those two things, and how we tell our brand story through our products and retail channel, is where this role comes to life.
The Regional Visual Merchandiser will be responsible for the overall visual excellence of the stores within their jurisdiction. This includes, first and foremost, the presentation of our product assortment within the stores. We are looking for someone with the ability to merchandise a store so the key product stories shine though, and so all fixtures and displays bring the brand to life. To do so, you will be the owner of:
- Elevating and executing custom visual merchandising plans for local stores in your region. Also, remotely managing brand standards and execution of satellite stores based on the corporate visual merchandising directive
- Partnering with and training retail leaders and teams, on appropriate visual techniques and standards
- Collaborating with store design team on fixture updates and remodels to help improve store performance and presentation
- Routinely traveling to stores and provide recaps to HQ partners as well as providing next steps to store teams
- Seasonal window displays
On the day to day, you’ll collaborate with our HQ visual merchandising team, district and store leaders, retail ops team and store designers. The role reports to our Visual Merchandising Director.
High Level Goals
- Create an inspiring customer experience through in-store merchandising and mannequin styling
- Elevate individual store team’s execution of brand visual standards
- Collaborate with store design on fixturization and physical space planning to best display our products
Visual Merchandising Responsibilities
- Visit stores regularly to improve visual merchandising standards and execution
- Capture photography of all store floorsets with in your region and review with HQ team members
- Assist in store openings and remodels
- Communicate needs and action items for individual stores to ensure visual excellence is being met
- Contribute to continual process improvement and strategic achievements in the merchandising and visual merchandising functions
- Demonstrate excellent leadership skills and ability to train & inspire across the fleet. Effective communication skills are a must!
A keen eye for detail + high level creative output.
This person will be responsible for ensuring the aesthetic expression in our stores is top notch. We pride ourselves on product excellence, and would like to see a corresponding commitment in the store presentation.
A Strong Team Player.
The successful candidate for this position brings a positive approach to new and challenging projects. You are organized, self-motivated and accountable with an enthusiasm for getting stuff done. You will also need to demonstrate a hands on approach by participating in executing everything down to the details.
Driven to Build Something Great.
Hmmm, how to say this politely, we ain’t Levis or the Gap. We’re on the precipice of something really special, but we’re not there yet. The road ahead is going to be challenging and we’re looking for someone who embraces that and is eager to play a key part in getting us to the next level.
An Authentic Brand Advocate.
You should know the brand, like the brand, and understand what it takes to build the brand and represent the company in an authentic way.
- Must have experience as a visual merchandiser in a multi door brand with several door formats
- Experience in styling required
- High levels of creativity and aesthetic sense are required.
- Must be available to travel regularly
- Needs to be living in or willing to relocate to New York City, Los Angeles or Bay Area metropolitan area
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Must be able to stand for 8 hour periods. Must be able to sit, stand, reach, and kneel for long periods
- Competitive pay and potential for equity compensation
- Flexible time off
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance available
- 401(k) with Matching
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Parental Leave
- Wellness Allowance
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
Check out our website and shoot firstname.lastname@example.org your resume and a thoughtful email about how you relate to our seven-day-weekend lifestyle. Cover letters are for the birds…
Marine Layer is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that welcomes applicants and employees of all genders, races, backgrounds, orientations, and nationalities.
Responsibly build an iconic brand that inspires a life at ease.
We believe that every day should be easy, so we make stuff you love to wear as much as your old favorite shirt. By building a successful and responsible business, we aim to take care of our employees, our community, and our planet.