Regional Visual Merchandiser (PLCB Marketing Analyst 2)
Are you an innovative thinker who is searching for a career in which you can exercise your creativity? Look no further! As a Regional Visual Merchandiser, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of regional strategies pertaining to management of the District Visual Merchandisers, shelf management, and retail merchandising for all Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board (PLCB) Fine Wine & Good Spirits stores within Region 1.
If you have previous management experience, visual merchandising and retail experience, and this sounds interesting, apply today!DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Through this exciting opportunity, you will be responsible to build, develop, and retain talent in the Visual Merchandising function for an assigned region. Leadership skills are utilized to provide guidance on best practices and priorities for the District Visual Merchandisers, communicate and implement strategies, and collaborate with product management and replenishment to define promotion space. You will also review the financial performance of sales and volume of regional stores in addition to conducting all in store training of retail merchandising guidelines for designated management employees, within the assigned region. You will play a vital role in overseeing the setup of new stores and remodels and act as a liaison with the store operation leadership, the Visual Merchandising Chief, and merchandising teams.
Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this position can be found in the position description.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment
- Work hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday, with a 30-minute lunch.
- This position is assigned to Region 1, which includes the following areas: Philadelphia, Montgomery, Chester, Delaware, and Bucks County.
- This position is home headquartered and will require travel within the assigned region, up to 85% of the time.
- Salary:In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- One year as a PLCB Marketing Analyst 1; or
- Two years of professional marketing, advertising, or merchandising experience and a bachelor’s degree; or
- An equivalent combination of experience and training.
- You must meet the PA residency requirement. For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
- A conditional offer of employment will require submission of criminal history reports. See hiring agency contact information.
- You must pass a background investigation. An applicant with a felony conviction within the last ten years of their prospective date of employment is not permitted to work for the PLCB, per section 210(c) of the Pennsylvania Liquor Code. Other criminal convictions will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
How to Apply:
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Your application must be submitted by the posting closing date. Late applications and other required materials will not be accepted.
- Failure to comply with the above application requirements may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
- Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodations due to a disability, please discuss your request for accommodations with the interviewer in advance of your interview date.
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.EXAMINATION INFORMATION
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
- You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
Learn more about our Total Rewards by watching this short video!
Health & Wellness
We offer multiple health plans so our employees can choose what works best for themselves and their families. Our comprehensive benefits package includes health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
Compensation & Financial Planning
We invest in our employees by providing competitive wages and encouraging financial wellness by offering multiple ways to save money and ensure peace of mind including multiple retirement and investment plan options.
We know there’s more to life than just work! Our generous paid leave benefits include paid vacation, paid sick leave, six weeks of paid parental leave, military leave, and paid time off for most major U.S. holidays, as well as flexible work schedules and work-from-home opportunities.*
Values and Culture
We believe in the work we do and provide continual opportunities for our employees to grow and contribute to the greater good. As one of the largest employers in the state, we provide opportunities for internal mobility, professional development, and the opportunity to give back by participating in workplace charitable giving.
Sometimes, it is the little “extras” that make a big difference. Our employees receive special employee-only discounts and rates on a variety of services and memberships.
For more information on all of these Total Rewards benefits, please visit www.employment.pa.gov and click on the benefits box.
- Eligibility rules apply.