Regional Visual Merchandising Manager, East Coast
Reporting to the VM Director, the VM will oversee all locations in their selected market (East Coast, Chicago & Toronto) in all visual merchandising responsibilities, including the execution of VM guidelines, window installations, events, visual business strategies, and store standards. They will strategically plan and manage their time to best support the stores and drive the business to help drive productivity while ensuring the stores are presented in a luxury way.Job Responsibilities
- Oversee the implementation and execution of the VM guidelines across free-standing locations and department stores and provide feedback, when necessary, through store photos and/or reports. Provide qualitative feedback on displays and windows to the Americas VM team.
- Liaise with VM Director and General Managers to analyze business results and shift the visual strategy for the regional business, while maintaining the corporate visual standards.
- Organize and implement regional guideline adaptations by working with the regional merchant team to understand the business and conduct best practices according to the global timelines.
- Be creative and put forward new visual ideas and suggestions to develop the local market to drive sales results.
- Ensure the stores are presented in an elevated and luxury way by being detail orientated and understanding the client experience, through the windows, special installations, product placement, etc.
- Manage and instill accountability in the store teams on the maintenance of store standards through conducting VM trainings and providing resources necessary for success.
- Organize and implement window displays, window refreshes, and in-store installations according to corporate standards and timelines.
- Communicate with the VM Director through weekly calls, photographic requests, and weekly recaps.
- Support cross-functional partners such as Events, Marketing, Store Planning, Merchandisers, and Facilities with brand initiatives when needed (trunk shows, external events, furniture refreshes, etc.).
- Develop organizational initiatives that increase operational efficiency across the VM team by understanding the region’s needs and developing solutions for innovative ways of working.
- 5+ years visual merchandising experience preferably with a high-end luxury brand.
- Travel to stores will be required.
- Strong visual eye for detail, style, color pallet, and display composition.
- Confident, with exceptional communication skills, with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally and problem-solve.
- Strong attention to detail and the passion to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of Illustrator or InDesign preferable.
- Experience in coordinating and installing window installations, being able to use hand-and-power operated tools, climbing a ladder, and having the ability to lift clothing, props, mannequins, etc.
- Flexibility to work a Retail schedule including working late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays when required.