Reliability & Maintenance Engineering (RME) Facilities Manager
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About The JobAs a Reliability & Maintenance Engineering (RME) Facilities Manager, you will enable high performance of a Rent the Runway (RTR) fulfillment center (DFC) and its supporting staff by fostering a reliability-centered maintenance culture within your team that ensures equipment availability, operational success, and corporate support. You will provide strong leadership in developing a team of Maintenance Technicians, Utility Attendants, and Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) Software Administrators, and will cultivate a sense of urgency and quality focus. You will work on challenging and innovative problems, directly support building leaders in optimizing their operations, manage external contractors, be on call for emergencies, drive progress across multiple projects and daily activities, all while meeting tough timelines. You will develop a proactive team culture that is data driven and focused on root cause identification and sustained elimination. You will improve the reliability of our fulfillment network through data collection and analysis of defect handling, coupled with focused maintenance planning. You will collaborate with the other stakeholder teams to accomplish engineering and maintenance goals.
What You'll Do
- You will be responsible for the leadership & development, coaching, and performance management of the local DFC team. This includes providing frequent constructive and critical feedback on work quality to enhance individual performance, providing guidance and direction to help achieve goals, and administering performance management and reviews.
- You will oversee all onboarding and completion of required training for new hires and support overall continued enhancement of the team’s capability. It’s expected that you develop and maintain positive working relationships across all levels of the DFC organization.
- You will own accuracy and timeliness of performance metrics within your team and will develop standard work practices to ensure continuity of maintenance efforts within the DFC.
- You will develop work plans for emergency repair of critical assets and will oversee the escalation process in the midst of downtime incidents. You will act as an ambassador for safety within the team and promote safe working across the network by identifying and eliminating potential equipment safety hazards. This includes ensuring team commitment to all safety procedures (Lock Out/Tag Out, Arc Flash, etc.) and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while maintaining equipment. You will conduct safety investigations and incident after action reviews to determine root causes.
- You will manage the overall health, reliability, and life cycle management for all local DFC commodities (material handling equipment, lighting, power distribution, backup generators, fire suppression and notification systems, balers, compactors, compressors, dock doors, HVAC, Powered Industrial Truck fleet). You will approve financial expenditures for parts within corporate guidelines and will validate the quality of work performed by external contractors for repairs or projects. You will ensure data integrity and adherence to Asset Management standards.
This role is located in Arlington, TX.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related fields, or equivalent experience
- 5 years’ working experience working on manufacturing/warehouse/fulfillment infrastructure
- Experience with multi-contractor management
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights and weekends as business dictates
- Travel up to 15% is required
- 5-7 years experience maintaining automation and Material Handling Equipment
- 3+ years experience directly managing and developing high performing teams
- Experience with Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Experience with developing/documenting procedures/SOPs/maintenance routines
- Knowledge of installation and maintenance of hydraulic and pneumatic components of machines and equipment including wet/dry cleaning, laundry, steam, and refrigeration
- Black seal boiler license a plus
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.