Remote Graphic Design Internship
Voir Fashion magazine is a contemporary, boutique publication for those daring to be different, and those unafraid to dream. It has forged a unique position amongst digital magazines in that it confidently draws on a new genre of fashion and beauty, and delivers it to empower its international reader. It is informative, diverse and current.
Characterised by a unique combination of eye-catching covers, sassy language, arresting typography and powerful use of imagery, it is a quarterly magazine designed to arouse the interest of the digital generation; exciting and interactive.
With a trend-led editorial message that is quirky and strong, the magazine is aimed at fashion-savvy, open-minded individuals, inspiring them to be unique whilst pushing their own boundaries in style and culture.
Voir fashion is offering a remote Student Work Placement providing students with an opportunity to get their work recognised on our large publishing platform with the chance to designing for some of the biggest U.K. brands and clients. Interns will take on a role that suits their skills and interest.
These roles will include: designing and creating visual content for Voir’s Social Media platforms based on upcoming and current events, trends and concepts, assisting on social media plans, contribute to the creation of fresh and inspiring imagery for social media and digital content. Skills with Adobe software is required for this position, with AfterEffects abilities being a bonus.
ProfileMain Tasks and Key Areas of Work:
- Creating exciting visual content for the magazine’s Social Media platforms based on upcoming and current events, trends and concepts.
- Contribute to the creation of fresh and inspiring imagery for social media and digital content.
- Correspond regularly with the Editor and edititorial/design team
Personal Skills / Qualities:
- Working towards a degree in: Fashion Communications, Graphics or Design
- Student level skills in Adobe Photoshop and Indesign
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of social media, especially Instagram
- Excellent organization & time management with attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Self-motivated & able to motivate others
- Flexible approach to workload
- Professional fashion-led image
- Proven ability to work on own initiative
- An enthusiastic team player
- Market, trend and visual research skills
What you will learn / we will teach you:
- How to expand on a vibrant and exciting brand through written content
- You will be mentored personally by the Editor in Chief and editorial/design team
- We will assist you in building and tailoring your portfolio to reflect your achievements and desire career
- You will gain unique experience in expanding an entrepreneurial, exciting and vibrant brand. Leaving a distinct impact and measurable results based on your work in the team.