Retail Clothing Buyer
Willow House Boutique is a locally owned fashion and lifestyle boutique in McKinney, TX offering a selection of fashionable and hand-picked clothing for women of all ages at affordable prices. We pride ourselves on our commitment to generational shopping by providing exclusive and limited clothing collections that are updated regularly, making our boutique stand out from the large retail chains. We also offer an impressive collection of men's apparel, gift items, and a kid's store called Littles, where children can find the latest in fashion trends. We provide a safe and positive shopping experience for everyone by upholding our faith-based values and making everyone feel welcome.
The Retail Clothing Buyer role is a full-time on-site position located at Willow House Boutique in McKinney, TX. The role involves working closely with the Boutique Managers to identify new fashion trends, select the latest hand-picked clothing collections, conduct research on market trends, and purchase products that align with the needs of our boutique’s customers. The Retail Clothing Buyer will play a pivotal role in building and maintaining great relationships with customers and vendors, as well as with key stakeholders of the Willow House Boutique.
- A bachelor’s degree in fashion merchandising, retail management, or a related field preferred
- 2+ years of experience in fashion buying or a related field
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and analytical skills
- Passionate about fashion, with an up-to-date knowledge of the latest fashion trends
- Ability to make autonomous and strategic decisions, as well as respond to changing circumstances
- Good organizational skills and proficiency with computer systems and software
- Solid understanding of the boutique's primary customer base and a good sense of the market trends driving customer demand
- A willingness to work in a team environment and build relationships with customers and vendors