Retail Construction Project Manager
Job descriptionAt a Glance
We are looking for a Retail Construction Manager to materialize On's future DTC retail environments and join us at our office in Portland, Oregon.
Your blend between project management, construction systems, and financial oversight will play a critical role in all new store openings (and eventual remodels) in the Americas Region and open the door to On's next growth phase.
As you might expect from a running brand with an emphasis on design and performance, the Retail Expansion Team at On is a fast-paced place to be. This small but dynamic team packs a huge punch and leads retail development projects globally: from market analysis and strategy to concepts and final delivery.
You will be responsible for all aspects of store construction, ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget at the highest design standards. You will seek to drive innovation and optimize project management whenever possible.
Together we will shape the architecture, behavior, and culture of the On's customer-facing homes. With ambitious and innovative projects in the pipeline, the team is looking for its next all-star!
- Manage the construction process for all new stores globally, including project schedule, cost control, and 360 coordination.
- Lead internal and external project stakeholders including contractors, suppliers, and consultants to meet overall project objectives.
- Be a key player in supporting design and procurement in the technical evaluation of new suppliers and products, lead and manage price negotiations and provide the necessary information for calls for tenders.
- Spearhead further development and technical improvement of fixtures and elements with emphasis on value engineering, better roll-out efficiency, modularity, packaging, and logistics.
- Supervise and develop technical and quality guidelines, and manuals.
- Ensure architectural and experiential intent are met at the highest of standards.
- Travel to job sites as necessary to ensure projects are on time and on budget.
- A degree in Architecture or Construction Management or similar is preferred but not required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in managing multiple simultaneous international retail construction projects, including bidding and negotiation preferred
- Highly motivated, capable of working in a self-driven, entrepreneurial environment
- Team player, ability to work and interface with all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with strong attention to detail and a holistic approach
- Working knowledge of architecture-specific design tools such as AutoCAD and project management software
- Fluent in English with strong written and verbal communication skills.
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the 'fastest growing sports company' of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you're hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination. We are requesting that you provide sensitive demographic information such as gender identity and race/ethnicity to help us ensure that we are creating equitable and fair experiences for all potential future team members. You are not required to provide this demographic information and this information will in no way impact your eligibility for hire.