Retail Key Holder
For more than 30 years, K&G Fashion Superstore (K&G) has provided value-conscious customers with the latest fashions and styles at the best possible prices. Offering a wide selection of designer brands discounted up to 60% off department store prices at our 80 stores, K&G is a leading shopping destination for brand-name apparel, footwear and accessories for the entire family.
As a Retail Key Holder, you will partner with your Store Manager to support store team members to achieve sales performance expectations through active coaching, development of a team selling environment, and operational excellence when you are the manager on duty. This position is assigned store keys to open and close the store when scheduled, in the capacity of the manager on duty.
To be successful in this role the role you will:
- Inspire store team to achieve their best performance
- Execute to maximize growth and potential
- Create an engaged and inclusive store environment
- Elevate the customer experience through operational excellence
- Exceed customer expectations in all interactions
- Partners with Store management team to lead store staff to achieve sales, service, and operational expectations when assigned as the manager on duty.
- Models company values and leads by example as an active coach.
- Communicates priorities and sales driving information effectively to ensure store staff is equipped to maximize business.
- Assists in recruiting store staff and embraces diversity by contributing to an inclusive store environment.
- Supports the management team in the achievement of store business plans, including sales, customer service and operational goals.
- Understands how to leverage store reports to understand decisions made to drive the store business.
- Participates in driving business outreach opportunities and communicates leads to Store Manager.
- Identifies performance opportunities and partners with management team to contribute to development plans.
- Partners with management team to ensure proper staffing to effectively execute initiatives and operational tasks to deliver on the customer promise.
- Assists management team with training store staff on all internal operational functions as assigned.
- Stays informed on corporate communication, directives, initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Supports the management team with the implementation of store programs to increase efficiencies in sales, service, operations, and branding when assigned.
- Contributes to an engaged and inclusive store environment where opinions and contributions are recognized and valued.
- Supports a culture of learning and development, ensuring training tools are leveraged.
- Serves as a role model to all store team members and provides enthusiastic motivational leadership.
- Partners with management team to conduct regular store meetings ensuring all store team members are up to date with company directives.
- Assists in training the store team on customer service expectations to create an exceptional customer experience, exceed customer expectations, and achieve a high Net Promoter Score.
- Leverages customer feedback to prevent or resolve customer concerns.
- Collaborates with the management team to ensure the store is visually set to brand standards and marketing initiatives are executed per company direction.
- Minimum of 1 year of Retail or Sales experience.
- Creative individual who demonstrates good judgement and is tuned-into the pulse of the business.
- Self-motivated, results oriented, strategic thinker.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates active listening and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to train and develop high performing store teams.
- Proficient in technology systems, applications, Microsoft Office, and video conferencing.
- Ability to operate a computer and POS System.
- Ability to stand and walk for the majority of work shifts, frequently bend, squat and twist, lift up to 50 lbs., climb a ladder to reach merchandise and or supplies, and see and distinguish between fabric patterns and colors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our company celebrates diversity and provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, veteran or military status, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, or any other protected status under the law.
Pay Range: $19.00- $26.00We take into consideration an individual’s skills, background and experience in determining final salary. Base pay information is based on market location and may be subject to prevailing wage laws, if applicable.Work Locations: 00021 Farmingdale 140 Smith Street Farmingdale 11735
Job: Store Management
Organization: K&G Fashion Superstore