Retail Merchandise Planner
Retail Merchandise Planner
We have a great job waiting for you…at Oved Five Star Apparel
Success Stories Begin Here!
Oved-Five Star Apparel is a multi-brand / multi-channel fashion apparel business with a long and successful history in wholesale manufacturing. Staying true to core values of integrity and respect, we have demonstrated our ability to successfully originate, negotiate, execute, and build strong retail and e- Comm partnerships in Men’s, Women’s and Childrenswear. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our growing team.
The Retail Merchandise Planner is responsible for setting overall Merchandise Planning and Inventory strategy in partnership with the Head of Planning & Replenishment. This position sees the direction through for the merchandise planning and replenishment teams, ensuring the initiatives and priorities are integrated and aligned with business goals.
- Ultimately accountable for primary client relations, income management, forecasting accuracy and inventory management.
- Maintain proper inventory levels by store location to support sales, margin and turn goals. Work to increase inventory productivity through analysis and collaboration with
- business partners.
- Works in collaboration with Production and Finance to develop and implement replenishment processes to drive revenue and margins, as well as short and
- long-term strategies.
- Executes Wholesale strategy from business plan development to season/category/program execution
- Owns financial planning process and monthly forecasting based on historical data and business trends delivering assortment plans, category plans, seasonal plans, and financial plans. Manage Open to Buy/Weekly Forecasting process to ensure fiscal responsibility around buy cycle and business trends.
- Coordinate with and serve as primary analytical support to the Product Development team and assist/influence merchandising decisions & vendor cost negotiations, including analysis of vendor and product performance.
- Provides insight that will develop and support business strategies and growth initiatives; drive analysis and adjusts forecasts that guides and educates the team on merchandising/financial decisions with respect to lifecycle management, exit strategies and clearance inventory liquidation.
- Works with Supply Chain to optimize inventory movement. Develop strategies to improve network, flow, turn, in-stocks and lower costs.
- Evaluates actual results against plan. Identifies opportunities to increase sales and reduce markdown liability, recommends appropriate action.
The ideal applicants possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, merchandising, planning, supply chain or related field
- 1-3 years progressive experience overseeing planning in a retail / wholesale environment with high growth, large volume, big box, mass retailers / wholesalers.
- Ability to collaborate well with cross functional partners
- Adapt with ease to changing priorities
- Reprioritize workload to meet deadlines as business needs require
- Advanced computer skills to include MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Forecast & Replenishment, Financial Planning, and Allocation systems experience (Blue Cherry Infinity a plus!)
Required core competencies:
- Results oriented
- Strong analytical, decision making and organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to hold oneself accountable and deliver expected results
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly - reflecting an appropriate sense of urgency with all levels of management and collaboration every step of the way.
- Strong business and financial analysis skills. Solid understanding of financial measurements including sales, gross margin, inventory turn and how to impact them.
- Strong retail math skills, business acumen, including elements of markup, margin planning, open-to-buy, inventory productivity measures (WOS, T/O, GMROI
Qualified candidates will be rewarded with the following…
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid / Flex work schedule
To be part of our growing and dynamic team, please send your resume.
Oved-Five Star Apparel is dedicated to offering great fashion brands to our Retail & E-comm partners and ensuring our employees get a rewarding career in a family-oriented environment!