The Retail Merchandiser provides retail sales merchandising coverage and coverage of retail special projects for an assigned retail territory. They are responsible for representing ACOSTA and our principals through store coverage and executing objectives as set forth by their Manager to achieve superior in-store results in an assigned territory. Point of sale interaction is required and the ability to significantly and positively impact sales volume of the assigned product as a result.
ResponsibilitiesThe incumbent(s) in this position should exhibit the following Acosta values:
People Minded - Must show dignity and respect to all people
Integrity - Must exemplify the highest degree of ethical behavior
Results Oriented - Must show passion, pride and commitment to succeed
Trust - Must be honest, sincere and confident
Teamwork - Must build trusting relationships
Innovation - Must progress through a combination of creativity, common sense and vision
Balance - Must maintain an optimistic attitude and keep perspective on what is important in life.
- Deliver retail merchandising and sales goals across all channels in assigned territory
- Meets client expectations regarding retail sales coverage and productivity in assigned territory.
- Assists in retail and sales initiatives (new product introductions, contests, 30-day speed-to-shelf, etc.) as assigned.
- As established by management, enters and transmits data in a timely manner.
- Execute retail territory coverage plan to ensure merchandising coverage goals are met.
- Work closely with management and develop professional relationship to ensure smooth and cooperative involvement in the marketing, promotion and sale of product.
- Executes merchandising events in assigned territory
- Perform special projects as assigned by Manager.
- Maintain full distribution and display of products in assigned accounts per plan-o-gram.
- Rotate stock, clean and stock display and price merchandise as appropriate.
- Perform duties such as checking date codes, ensuring adherence to approved plan-o-gram.
- Report observations to Manager regarding outdated product, unbalanced stock, out-of-stock situations and point of purchase requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- One-year experience in dealing with the public at the retail sales level preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver's license and must be able to drive a car for extended periods of time.
- Must be available for occasional weekend work (Demos and Food Shows). Must be able to work nights and holidays. (Night and holiday work will be pre-defined by position).
- Must be willing and able to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections of retail stores).
- Must be able to effectively communicate with others. Must have good vision and be able to operate a calculator, telephone, copier, hand truck, hammer, and screwdriver and case cutter.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time. Must be able to comfortably interact with the public.
- Must have professional appearance & demeanor.
- Must be familiar with Excel and Word.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to comfortably interact with the public.
Acosta Sales & Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By submitting your application you agree with and accept the Acosta Privacy Statement and Terms of Conditions.US:http://acosta.jobs/privacy-policy-us/
Acosta utilizes E-Verify for validatingthe ability to work in the United States for all job candidates. If you want more information on what this entails and your rights as a job applicant,pleaseusethe link providedto accessinformation onouruse of E-Verify and your right to work. Employer Resources (e-verify.gov)
Work State US-FL-JacksonvilleJob ID 2023-226714Work City JacksonvillePCN 269609Position Type FULL_TIME RegularWork Zip 32218Starting average hours per week 37.5 +Job Code 100417Category Field Jobs