Retail Merchandising Support Associate, Boston - Part Time
Immediate Openings - Start Right Away!
Competitive Hourly Rates
Schedules to meet your availability!
Employee Discount at Macy's AND BloomingdalesJob descriptionPlease note - currently this role may not require an in-person interview and if you are selected for this role you will receive a job offer via email. Please watch your email closely for updates from us!
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy's ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy's (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy's top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy's. Macy's stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy's is the "Academy" for retail careers.
Store colleague position (whether it's a seasonal job, part-time retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy's top executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent college graduates into our development programs in the various functions at Macy's.
The Merchandising Support Associate, also known as a Front of House Associate, is responsible for providing a great shopping experience and driving sales and profit through customer service, accurate pricing and signing, arranging and maintaining attractive visual presentation in windows, on ledges, shelves, and fashion panels throughout the store, and ensuring proper sales floor merchandising as well as accurate merchandise movement throughout the building. Operational duties include but are not limited to floor moves, replenishment, inventory; shortage control, stockroom organization, merchandising, set up and removal of signs for promotional events/sales, completing price changing activities, and ringing point of sale transactions.
Macy's uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy's may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool.
- Provide an exceptional customer shopping experience by ensuring that both the store and online customers are always the #1 priority
- Service the customer in a helpful and friendly manner including point of sale transactions, credit and loyalty program enrollment, and helping him/her find what he/she is looking for
- Collaborate with Managers, Leads and Colleagues throughout the store to create a clean, neat and easy to shop store environment; maintain sales floor and fitting room recovery standards to include fitting room stalls, sorting merchandise and ensuring merchandise is worked back to sales floor as soon as time permits
- Support Omni-channel initiatives such as fulfillment of online or Buy Online/Pick Up in Store orders
- Perform all functions in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner and flex between tasks as directed by supervisor
- Participate in the physical inventory process and ensure that shortage prevention initiatives are executed
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures
- Collaborate with peers to coordinate merchandise support tasks and flex between tasks (merchandising, pricing, signing, fulfillment, replenishment, receiving, reverse logistics, radio frequency scanning, and stockroom maintenance) as needed to ensure completion/execution
- Execute receiving, merchandise processing, packing/shipping and reverse logistics tasks timely and accurately to include processing inbound merchandise to floor ready standards by removing packaging and placing sensors per MMPS standards
- Delivery of processed merchandise to appropriate sales floor drop zones, first quality packing standards and processing of fulfillment orders and reverse logistics (damages, transfers, RTVs), accurate outbound trailer execution
- Collection and sorting of hangers, sensor tags, trash and recycling throughout the store
- Organization, maintenance and replenishment of supply areas including sales floor, building lamping, and customer carryout and special delivery as needed
- Assist in other tasks as needed (pricing, signing, merchandising, replenishment, fulfillment, RFID, stockroom maintenance)
- Pull merchandise to set-up visual representations
- Construct, paint, set-up, and install signs, sale banners, panels, and other items required for special events, clearance events, and fashion shows
- Set-up and maintain fixtures using hand or power tools, such as saws, dykes, hammers, screwdrivers, staple guns, ladders, mannequin units, scissors, nails, spray paint, spray glue, and knives
- Maintain and present visual displays in a compelling and exciting manner in accordance with company directives
- Assist customers and complete point of sale transactions as needed
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- No Education or Experience Required
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, color vision and climbing ladders
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs