Retail Sales - Designer Men's Apparel - Topanga
The ideal DSA (Designated Selling Associate) Salesperson is passionate about fashion, enjoys working one-on-one with customers and thrives in a sales environment. DSAs drive volume for Nordstrom while championing the brand they represent. DSAs are leaders in customer service, product knowledge education, merchandising, and selling. They drive sales by knowing brand performance, cultivate relationships with both existing and new customers, and educate peers on brand trends, product knowledge, and style.
A day in the life…
- Set and achieve sales goals, for both in-store and digital selling with effective use of selling tools (inclusive of text and social media), and reservations
- Build lasting relationships with customers
- Give the best service to our customers on their terms, which may require all employees to be flexible and open to occasionally performing work/duties in a department (or Brand) other than the one you were hired into
- Provide honest and confident feedback to customers about style, fit and the value the piece will bring to their wardrobe
- Seek fashion and product knowledge, including attending meetings and trainings, to build your expertise
- Build relationships with other DSAs, Stylists, and surrounding departments by conducting DSA-run product knowledge meetings
- Provide valid product feedback to DM to help better the assortment received at your store
- Drive predictable business through appointment-based selling during event and non-event timeframes
- Work with the team to keep the department customer ready, which means stocking, re-merchandising, display, price markdowns, merchandise transfers and cleaning
- Grow sales by opening new Nordstrom Rewards program accounts
- The hours and schedule for this position will vary by week depending on business needs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to establish rapport with customers to cultivate relationships
- The ability to excel in a competitive team environment
- The ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs
- The ability to read sales reporting in relation to goals
- Understand how to educate customers on new and emerging brands, suggesting based on what will work for them
- Confidence with high/low price points and the ability to showcase to customers the value of the item and how it completes their entire wardrobe
- A strong understanding of customer’s holistic wardrobe and style, along with a high degree of organization, to be able to strategically follow up and advice on what they will need to complete their wardrobe
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2022 Nordstrom, Inc
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.