Retail Visual Merchandiser, Herald Square - Full Time
Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy’s ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy’s (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy’s top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy’s. Macy’s stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy’s is the “Academy” for retail careers.
Store colleague position (whether it’s a seasonal job, part-time retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy’s top executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent college graduates into our development programs in the various functions at Macy’s.
The Visual Merchandiser is responsible for arranging and maintaining attractive visual presentation in windows, on ledges, shelves, and fashion panels throughout the store. May follow a floor plan to re-merchandise an area in preparation for special events or season changes. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Pull merchandise to set-up visual representations using the loan book to check merchandise into and out of departments.
- Construct, paint, set-up, and install signs, sale banners, panels, and other items required for special events, clearance events, and fashion shows.
- Set-up and maintain fixtures using hand or power tools, such as saws, dykes, hammers, screwdrivers, staple guns, ladders, mannequin units, scissors, nails, spray paint, spray glue, and knives.
- Maintain and present visual displays in a compelling and exciting manner in accordance with company directives.
- Understand customer preferences and exercise judgment when deviating from company directives to appeal to specific customer base.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Additional education training in art or merchandising is preferred. Merchandise presentation or visual presentation experience is preferred.
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess vision and creativity. Basic knowledge of art, design, fashion, and interior decoration. Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team. Must possess a strong sense of urgency. Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department.
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, color vision and climbing ladders.
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs.
This position may be eligible for performance-based incentives/bonuses. Benefits include 401k, medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance options, PTO accruals, Holidays, and more. Eligibility requirements may apply based on location, job level, classification, and length of employment. Additional benefit details are available at macysJOBS.com.