We are searching for a Ready to wear designer to work with our client Autumn Adeigbo on her exciting apparel and accessory line. This role will directly influence the outcome of the collection. The Designer will work with the founder to provide design and trend directions for all categories including apparel, accessories and footwear. The ideal candidate with has a strong contemporary aesthetic and extensive knowledge of print and pattern. This person will be comfortable in the creation of products from idea to production. Working closely with the production manager for the execution of the line. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment is a must-have.
- Participate and present at trend meetings each season
- Present product at client and buyer pre-line meetings
- Consistently shop the market (our competition and aspirational brands) for inspiration and product opportunities
- Design the line according to classification/style plans, sales needs and emerging trends
- Manage and adhere to time and action calendar
- Participate in seasonal color direction and color palette building
- Lead fabric, yarn and trim innovation
- Ensure line stays on brand and has consistent styling details
- Develop product, and marketing concepts for emerging categories or items, hot spots and blitz styles
- Ensure product is being designed within cost parameters
- Create artwork for product packaging, labeling and hardware
- Manage communication with sample rooms to ensure correct and timely samples
- Attend all comparison fittings, proto fittings and production fittings to ensure we have the best fit and details
- Build strong relationships with sales, production, tech, fabric R&D and marketing
- Lead tech-packing schedule and execution to ensure deadlines are met
- wash comments as needed
- Ensure production fits are to our specifications
- Work closely with founder (creative director) in all aspects of product development
- Experience leading and designing a successful RTW line for contemporary woman’s fashion brand
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or equivalent
- Knowledge in manufacturing (including construction and fit) and component sourcing/manufacturing (materials development, duties, etc).
- Proven track record in developing strong vendor partnerships while achieving financial objectives
- Ability to problem-solve when dealing with specifications, construction or material issues with vendors.
- Strong Photoshop & Illustrator skills & CAD skils
- Experience with print and pattern
- Strong sketching and design capability
- understanding and experience of the young contemporary market required
- Team player with entrepreneurial spirit.