RTW Womenswear Designer
Reporting to the VP of Design, the Womenswear Designer is responsible for the conceptualisation and design of the RTW Womenswear collection from concept to completion.
- Research seasonal themes, inspirations, fabric and colour concepts etc., in collaboration with the design team to develop key creative direction of the seasons.
- Work with the Creative Director to deliver innovative ideas that will be sketched and put into development each season in keeping with the brand's ethos.
- Develop prototypes & finalize samples with in-house atelier, as well as with local and international vendors with clarity and within tight deadlines.
- Participate in fittings with efficiency and accuracy in developing styles from sketch to production.
- Oversee Design Assistants on sketch development, fitting notes, and sample cutting tickets.
- Provide complete and updated design information to pass onto factories to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
- Establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships with the rest of the design team and all vendors to ensure coherence and consistency.
- Understand and respect collection deadlines to ensure the timely delivery of the seasonal collection.
- Exceptional taste and creativity levels.
- 3 - 5 years working in a luxury fashion environment preferred.
- Ability to adapt to frequent change and high pressure.
- A strong team player and considerate of colleagues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Comfortable working additional hours to perform duties, including weekends and travel when necessary.
- High work ethic, integrity and reliability, a "Hands-on" attitude, and excellent time management skills.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.