About the Company:
After over 10 years in the jewelry business, each piece of Nina Berenato’s collection still touches the designer’s hands. From her humble beginnings as a metalsmith’s apprentice in Brooklyn to gracing the pages of Vogue, W, Cosmopolitan, and MTV and outfitting fashion-forward celebrities like Beyoncé, Alicia Keys, Lena Dunham, FKA Twigs and Lizzo, it’s obvious that Nina walks through life with her eyes open, bringing a one of a kind vision to each design.
A large part of Nina Berenato Jewelry's brand identity rests on the designer's goal to use her gift for design to make all women feel powerful, beautiful and capable of anything. Each piece is cast using 100% recycled metal, finished in the highest quality 14k gold plating, and set with stones that are sourced and mined ethically.
We are currently seeking Jewelry Sales Associates to join our team at our flagship location in Austin, TX. As a Jewelry Sales Associate, you will work alongside a dynamic and creative group of individuals who make every workday fun and enjoyable. This position offers the unique opportunity to learn jewelry making skills such as zapping permanent bracelets, and building custom charm designs with customers.
- Perform opening and closing procedures, and ensure the store is clean and organized throughout the day
- Assist customers in a friendly and knowledgeable manner, providing exceptional customer service
- Sell and assist customers in trying on jewelry, showcasing the unique features and beauty of each piece
- Demonstrate jewelry-making skills, including zapping (Bracelet Bar welding) and jewelry adjustments
- Maintain awareness of stock levels and actively contribute to loss prevention efforts
- Show initiative in problem-solving and contribute to a cohesive team environment
- Reliable and punctual with a strong work ethic
- Fun, energetic, and passionate about jewelry and engaging customers
- Proactive and self-motivated with a drive to achieve sales targets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends
- PREFERRED: At least one year of sales experience
Compensation and Benefits:
- Hourly rate of $17.00
- Additional commission when monthly sales goals are met
- Flexible working hours, ranging from 10-30 hours per week
- Opportunity to learn jewelry-making skills
- Positive, fun, and collaborative work environment
- Generous employee discount
The Jewelry Sales Associate role requires the ability to perform the following physical activities:
- Standing and walking throughout the store for extended periods of time
- Reaching, bending, stretching, and the ability to lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds
- Fine motor skills to handle delicate jewelry pieces, perform jewelry adjustments and operate jewelry-making equipment
- Visual acuity for examining jewelry details
- Clear and audible verbal communication
Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Please inform us of any special or specific accommodations required during the application process.
Why join Nina Berenato Jewelry? Because together we can use our exceptional jewelry pieces to make women feel powerful, beautiful, and capable of anything! Apply today to join our team.