Sales AssociateVisual Merchandiser
Christopher Collection has an immediate opening for a Sales Associate-Visual Merchandiser. Christopher Collection is a high-end retail store in Homewood, AL that sells furniture, artwork, lighting, and other home décor. This position is for a sales associate for our store, but also someone who has experience with interior design and/or visual merchandising. Our store opened on July 1, 2021 and has been growing each month as our exposure has increased, both in the area and on-line. We are looking for someone who will partner with our General Manager and our President in order to help grow this business. This position will play a critical role in day to day operations of the store, particularly with how our merchandise is displayed.
- Create, execute, and maintain well curated visual displays throughout the showroom to drive branding, sales objectives and maximize profitability.
- Collaborate with the General Manager and CAI to ensure the showrooms visual presentations are on brand per the company’s vision and merchandising expectations.
- Communicate with General Manager and CAI regarding areas of opportunity for new and additional merchandise, as well as how to handle stagnant and slow turning inventory item.
- Change displays to promote new product launches, special promotions and/or reflect seasonal themes per Christopher Collection directives.
- Coordinate the replenishment process with General Manager and CAI. Assists with inventory, including receiving and stocking merchandise.
- Partner with store team to ensure proper visual maintenance is occurring regarding styling of placement of products as merchandise is replenished on the sales floor to ensure impeccable displays during business hours. This includes organization and maintenance of all store fixtures and visual props.
- Assist General Manager with opening and closing procedures of the store as needed.
- Helps drives sales through engagement of customers, suggestive selling, and sharing product knowledge with employees and customers.
- 3+ years of retail experience required, experience within high-end home décor/furnishings is preferred
- Adaptability – maintains effectiveness in varying environments, tasks and responsibilities, or with various types of people
- Planning and Organizing – establish course of action to accomplish goals and evaluates results, can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals, uses resources effectively and efficiently
- Customer Focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the external and internal customer, acts with customer in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers, and gains their trust and respect
- Initiative – willing to look for ways to improve the store and take steps to push the team to grow
- Learning on the Fly – learns quickly when facing new problems, open to change, enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Drive for Results – desire to exceed goals, team oriented, pushes self and other for results
- This position reports to the General Manager
- The job is full-time
- Benefits include 401(k) plan, health insurance, and paid time off