Sample Room Merchandise Coordinator
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
The Sample Room Merchandise Coordinator oversees sample management and styling organization at our Corporate Office and the 59th Street Flagship Store Style Office. This role is responsible for the management and tracking of all creative merchandise including ad samples and styling merchandise for both print and digital projects. This individual will participate in turn-in and styling meetings with the Creative team. Collaboration and coordination with cross functional teams to confirm featured merchandise, styling instructions, and shoot locations. This individual is responsible for the delivery of samples to appropriate Studios in necessary timeframe, troubleshooting missing samples and responsible for general office maintenance.
- Oversees the acquisition, tracking and handling of all samples. Coordinates incoming samples through Studio Tracking System and/or alternative tracking method created and maintained independently
- Manages sample drop-off/turn-in for each project to ensure delivery and communicate out merchandise status updates
- Negotiates sample availability with Buying teams as needed to ensure samples are secured for shoot windows
- Works with Photo Producers and Creative Teams to traffic workflow including sample turn-in and return dates based on Shoot Schedules and requests
- Partners with Project Planners and Fashion Office to ensure all samples are available when Stylists come in to prepare for a shoot; Assist Stylists at 59th Street Style Office
- Works with Buyers, Art Directors, Producers, Stylists, Studio personnel to ensure accurate on time delivery of samples and styling merchandise to Studio; troubleshoot sample availability issues as needed and track returning samples
- Liaison between the photography and merchandise groups/outside vendors for all acquisition and scheduling needs
Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
1-2 years related experience
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
- Detail oriented
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting, with occasional standing
- Occasionally requires walking, bending, reaching, hearing, and talking
- Continuous use of computers and other office equipment
- Frequently lift/move up to 25 lbs.