Seasonal Cycle Count Researcher, Joppa Cfc - Part Time (2420)
Joppatowne, District 1, Abingdon, MD 21085, USAPosted 9 days ago
Company presentationMacy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value, and high-quality products. Now is an exciting time to join Macy's. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation. Online sales are booming at Macy's. Our Distribution Center teams are key to our success in the modern retail landscape. They make sure that products arrive at our stores - and each customer's doorstep - on time, in perfect condition. Behind the scenes, a lot goes into getting products to customers. When a shopper makes an online purchase, we plan, prep, and package the merchandise to get it delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible - across the country and around the world. It takes a lot of smart people working together to make that happen, and so there are many roles you can play, including (but not limited to): material handlers, equipment drivers, inventory control, packers, quality assurance, safety specialists, asset protection, and many more. Whatever role you play - we value you as a colleague. Choose the challenge that's right for you!
Job descriptionResponsible for researching and resovling all inventory overages and shortages. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Researches and resolves all inventory overages and shortages.
- Performs and records all necessary adjustments in WMS.
- Processes Back to Stocks and performs all necessary Add A Cartons.
- Records cycle count data on to excel based spreadsheets on a daily basis.
- Assigns locations to all aged merchandise found during the cycle count process.
- Accountable for all WMS adjustments and Add A Cartons created.
- Records necessary carton and or sku adjustments.
- Perform audits on a daily basis as needed.
- Physically count, move boxes and use lifts to accurately perform cycle counts on a daily basis as needed.
- Operate powered equipment as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- Work on elevated platforms and conveyor systems.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
Profile- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read, write and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Sense of urgency and the ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail and effective organization skills.
- Works harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, depth perception and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
Supply Chain Only and Colleagues Working in a Supply Chain Facility except in locations governed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement
Random drug testing for all colleagues will be conducted on a monthly or semi-monthly basis, depending upon factors including but not limited to the size of the facility and the number of colleagues on roll. Colleagues will be randomly selected for testing by a third party. Testing must be completed on the same workday the colleague is informed of selection for testing, absent extenuating circumstances. In all circumstances, testing must be completed within 24 hours of notification.