Senior Analyst, Capacity Planning
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accounts, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.
The Senior Analyst, Transportation Insights is responsible for crafting and analyzing End to End Transportation Data within North America (NA) geo including shipping costs, and forecasting. This role is essential to ensuring that North America Transportation demonstrates analytics to optimize marketplace service and efficiency and supports the Digital First Supply Chain strategy. The Strategy Analyst partners closely with other NA Trade & Transportation (T&T) teams to provide access to key operational metrics, supports sourcing events and works closely with T&T capability development organization and cross-functional peers to ensure new capabilities align to Nike’s core values.Key Responsibilities:
- Drive analysis of financial and operational performance data (e.g. modeling, predictive analytics) to identify key insights and opportunities to improve the end-to-end transportation network (e.g. carrier strategy, mode allocation, port mixture, transportation flows, etc.)
- Develop detailed annual and 3-year freight spend forecasting and provide as input to NA Finance team
- Support capability development, analysis and implementation tracking to ensure benefits are robust and mutually outstanding across business segments
- Provide detailed volume/spend analytics to support LSP team during recurring sourcing events and recommend vendor selection/allocation
- Develop and maintain centralized Transportation-related data consumption and reporting layers
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis to support strategic top-to-top discussions with both key internal and external partners (e.g strategic customers, carriers/vendors, and internal leadership)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- 5+ years of progressive analytics experience in the field of operations and logistics
- 3+ years of experience with Middle or Last Mile Transportation
- 4+ years experience in Tableau required
- Descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics experience with sophisticated, unrefined data using a variety of analytical and statistical toolsets, examples include SQL, Alteryx, R, or other data manipulation/mining tools
- Ability to conduct root cause analysis to pinpoint variances, and recommend solutions to avoid variances in the future
- Forecasting experience using a variety of methods to advise future-state planning
- Logistics financial competence and can lead challenging priorities with limited supervision
- Validated experience simplifying complex analytics to explain difficult concepts and garner cross-functional consensus
- Consulting or Finance experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and ambiguous environment
ENTRYLEADER: Be Empowered to Grow within Nike and Create the Future
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.