Senior Apparel Designer
RBX, a growing Activewear and Athleisure brand is looking for a talented senior apparel designer to work with our direct-to-consumer merchandising team to manage the design and production process for our growing line of exclusive styles. If you are interested in working with a small, collaborative, and nimble team while getting to develop designs for everything from leggings and sweaters to sneakers and pickleball rackets, this will be a great opportunity.
- Partners with the merchandising team to maintain the style count requirements of the line, meet emerging trends and keep to a timely product development calendar
- Collaborates with merchandising team, vendors and internal sourcing on bringing newness to product development while meeting costing requirements
- Create Illustrator sketches; review line sheets; develop tech packs
- Leads fittings and works closely with the tech team on sample execution.
- Deep dive research online and in-person market research
- Create and update CADs in development process
- Development – Launching, developing, and tracking trim, fabric, prints and styles
- PLM/BOM – complete PLM/BOMs with accuracy
- Organize and track inspiration samples, vendor samples, and development samples
- Create and organize fabric and trim binders seasonally
- Build and maintain line-plan
- Create seasonal concept boards for presentations/ milestone meetings
- Adhere to design calendar deadlines and timelines, ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design
- Technical capability, proficient understanding of construction, textiles and expression of fit.
- Extensive knowledge of garment construction, silhouettes, color ways, sewing techniques, fabrication and trim; familiarity with print design and manufacturing
- Creativity, and sensibility for merchandising; ability to sketch
- Excellent time management, Strong communications skills and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to establish good relationships with key parties and department staff.
- 5+ years of experience in apparel design
- Experience in Active and Athleisure categories
- Knowledge in performance fabrication, trims is a plus
- Knowledge in Graphic design is a plus
- PTO and paid Holidays
- Health insurance plan
- Hybrid work and general schedule flexibility
- Just a good group of people to work with!
Salary will be based on experience.
Please submit a portfolio with your resume.
Looking forward to hearing from you!