Senior Apparel Designer- Women's
Auto req ID: 11024
Title: Senior Apparel Designer- Women's
Job Function: Apparel
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
At Harley-Davidson, we are building more than machines. It’s our passion and commitment to continue the evolution of this storied brand, and heighten the desirability of the Harley-Davidson experience. To keep building our legend and leading our industry through innovation, evolution, and emotion we need the best and brightest talent. We stand for the timeless pursuit of adventure. Freedom for the soul. Are you ready to join us?
The Harley-Davidson Motor Company Corporate Headquarters in Milwaukee, WI is the site where the first H-D factory - a wooden shed - was built in 1903 in the backyard of the William C. Davidson family home. Join our team as a Senior Apparel Designer- Women's.
The Senior Apparel Designer- Women's is accountable for leading the design and development for new products within the assigned category of General Merchandise. Initiates and manages the design, artwork creation, comp sheets, and research for specific categories on a tactical basis that supports creative direction while upholding brand integrity. Leads collaboration with category teams to ensure product concepts are on track and appropriate for category line plan to ensure the achievement of performance goals within the development line. Recommends solutions to continuously improve processes and workflow to increase productivity. Researches apparel market and has a high level of awareness of trends to ensure up-to-date and brand-appropriate designs are reflected in the line.
- Demonstrates in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in design, artwork, creation, comp sheets, and research, and basic knowledge of related areas such as design and merchandising
- Impacts design, collection cohesiveness, and strategy within apparel design, merchandising, and product development
- Solves complex problems involving category strategies, brand guidelines, and creative direction, and enacts a new perspective on existing solutions. Works independently and receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for apparel design team members with less experience. Responsible for ongoing activities, objectives, and may lead projects or steps within a broader project
- Communicates difficult or sensitive information and builds relationships with design, merchandising, and product development
Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Ability to apply knowledge of best practices in prototype/technical apparel design process, flat sketches, trends, and specs for fitting, and how their own area integrates with others to drive results
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within and/or lead a group or team providing guidance to members
- Portfolio required when applying
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. We welcome everybody to join our family and be united no matter who you are or where you come from. Learn more about Harley-Davidson here.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Direct Reports: No
Travel Required: 10 - 25%
Visa Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation assistance