Senior Apparel Designer, Women's Performance
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. designs the future. At NIKE, Inc. designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
As our Senior Apparel Designer, you will utilize your outstanding design skills to create original, innovative designs that accurately reflect Nike’s design philosophies and lead the industry. Through consumer connection you will identify key trends, that translate into meaningful products that resonate with our consumers.
This designer needs to have a distinct talent for responding to business objectives with creative design solutions that are aligned to consumer insights. Bringing to life the seasonal category creative direction through apparel design with solutions that are fueled by athlete/consumer Insights. The designer needs to have a passion for Innovation, performance apparel & sport, but not compromising aesthetics & great design.
We are looking for a candidate who’s curious, inquisitive, and motivated to discover new methods of make. You’ll need strong communication skills with teammates across the organization, including expert listening, collaborative problem solving and deep emotional intelligence. The role demands big picture thinking, with regards to product relevance, product positioning, timing and collections. You’ll need to constantly demonstrate process proficiency through best practices, visualization and communication of ideas.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
If this is you, you’ll be working with the Senior Design Director & fellow designers to create original product designs or refresh existing products reflecting Nike's design philosophy. You’ll execute all product details including construction detail, form, style, fit, performance, trims, etc. You’ll need to communicate across functions such as Design, Development and Product Management. At times, you will present internally and externally, with mentorship from the Senior Design Director. Producing presentation materials that optimally communicate the concept behind the line. This role will require you to build awareness of current trends, color, and sports-related products through market research to stay ahead of consumer needs. Daily/weekly support for the design team, as needed, outside of assigned product workload.
You will be responsible for one of the largest areas of the apparel business in women’s performance.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
This designer will report into a Senior Design Director, and will work alongside a team of designers in women’s performance apparel. Additionally, you will partner internally and cross-functionally with our Product Management, Material Development, and Tech Development teams. The role will have no direct reports.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or combination of relevant education, experience, and training.
- Minimum of 8 years in Apparel Design, specifically women’s based experience
- Outstanding ability to apply and perform foundational design skills, including hand drawing/sketching, illustrations
- Familiarity with current trends, color and design
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, concept ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing and scale, visual presentation development and layout
- Basic understanding of pattern making, draping, materials, trims, garment fit, garment construction, and manufacturing
- Comprehensive understanding of textile construction, and knowledgeable in fabric structures, with an emphasis in knits and wovens
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to execute sophisticated initiatives and build new insights
- Strong knowledge of cross team collaboration
- Ability to exercise high degree of professionalism
- Accustomed to working in a rapidly changing, high growth environment and to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands and changes
- Embody the passion to work on innovation and style
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.