Senior Art Director - Beauty
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
Job Overview: The Senior Art Director (Omni-Channel) for Beauty is a key driver for managing and delivering effective, on-brand, and on-strategy Creative for bloomingdales.com, omni-channel seasonal campaigns, email promotional assets, email templates and digital look books. This position is ideal for a digital expert with print experience, as this role will be managing multiple projects while closely collaborating with cross-functional partners for both digital and print platforms. The ideal candidate must be an expert in responsive and mobile-first designs, be highly creative and resourceful, have excellent design and typography skills, with strong prioritization and problem-solving skills.
Job descriptionEssential Functions:
- Develop brand style guides, omni-channel seasonal campaigns and daily digital assets across editorial and sale
- Concept and design campaign collateral from inception to completion in collaboration with cross functional peers
- Ensures cohesive branding across digital channels by developing visual standards and enforcing the use of templates and best practices
- Partners and collaborates with internal and external teams to understand business objectives and create compelling solution- based creative that drives the brand strategy
- Make recommendations to improve and optimize communications through better content, coding, and personalization
- Expert in responsive grid design and mobile-first executions. Animation experience is a plus
- Strong sense of typography, design, color, and graphics
- Ability to understand and balance creative ideas with business needs
ProfileQualifications and Competencies:
Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
5+ years direct experience
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
- Background in Beauty and/or Fashion Accessories; extensive working knowledge of current trends and language of high-end fashion world
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting, with occasional standing
- Occasionally requires walking, bending, reaching, hearing and talking
- Continuous use of computers and other office equipment
- Frequently lift/move up to 10 lbs.