Senior Art Director - Creative Photography
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page. Senior Art Director - Creative Photography
The Senior Art Director will work with the Creative Director, Creative Sr. Manager, Copy Manager/writers and Project Manager to ensure seasonal direction, established color palettes, consistency in art direction, design and branding, as well as create a cohesive relationship between visual and written creative concepts.
Job descriptionPrimary Responsibilities:
- Create dynamic and impactful photography for print and digital assets, social media and special projects that achieves the Company's priorities of promoting immediate sales, achieving fashion and brand image goals, and appealing to customers through compelling visual storytelling.
- Leads and Directs a variety of photo shoots and photo crews. (fashion, home, jewelry, on-figure and still life)
- Simultaneously handles multiple projects in various states of production.
- Able to develop innovative concepts for projects based on brand visions and execute those ideas soundly.
- Brings exciting and new ideas regarding photography, lighting, and styling to share with team.
- Takes vital information from creative briefs and effectively applies it into creative
executions that will motivate customers to buy.
- Collaborates with Creative Directors, Sr. Art Directors, Managers and project team members to ensure
details of projects are on-brand, thoroughly thought out and well designed.
- Effectively communicates with Creative Sr. Managers to ensure project design meets the needs requested.
- Checks projects to ensure accuracy, adequacy of selling message and creative effectiveness before submitting to senior management.
- Ensures corrections that have been requested are completed on assigned projects
before being reviewed by senior management.
- Monitors own time on assigned projects to ensure established due dates are met.
ProfileCore Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design or Advertising preferred.
- 5-7 years of on set/location photo art direction (on figure and still life), design, graphic arts, and production in retail fashion preferred.
- Experienced eye for photography, cropping and composition.
- Experienced on set leadership/direction with various sized photo crews both in studio
and on location.
- Strong typography skills with close attention to details such as kerning and leading.
- Excellent knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles; video and gif animation a plus.
- Demonstrated creativity, aesthetic sensitivity.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong visualization skills.
- Eager to work on projects that begin in concept phase and take them to execution stage.
- Ability to understand direction and feedback, and keep up with tight deadlines.
- Ability to present work confidently to both colleagues and various levels of management.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with the ability to be self-motivated and adaptive to change.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, AfterEffects and other MAC based applications and design programs.
- Experienced eye for photography, cropping and composition
- Working knowledge of Global Edit a plus.
NOTE: Please submit a link to online portfolio with application.